General Screenshot/Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by redhotsonic, Jul 2, 2015.

1. KingofHarts

KingofHarts Well-Known Member Member

This looks fun and fresh, I have to say... It also looks like the physics are a tad different but I don't think that's a bad thing. I just have one bit of constructive criticism...

The white shines in the grass make the terrain look shiny. If you were able to apply some kind of rain effect onto the foreground somehow, it would fit so perfectly, and I even think that could work with the palette you have going.

Nice stuff!!

SuperSayian Zrise and Angel X like this.
  2. Scrap Sorra

Scrap Sorra Well-Known Member Member

oh god no somebody leaked gameplay of my hack early somebody stop this man

3. FохConED

FохConED Join to Digital Resistance! Member

Sonic is on a hell of an adventure! This time, he's in the unknown territory of the Sin City Zone, where Succubus and something blue hedgehogs don't like so much: water... are waiting for him. Wait a minute, that doesn't look like water, it looks like blood... And it can be dangerous! Are you dying to get back to your hellish adventure and help Sonic overcome all the challenges? Well, you can with the new Hellfire Saga demo in the Sonic Hacking Contest! Let's give it a whirl before the full version is released later this year? Screenshot is WIP, see ya on Sonic Hacking Contest!

[​IMG]

4. Crimson Neo

Crimson Neo I changed a lot. Member

Man, I fucking love this artystyle, the aesthetics are so good. Y'all have done a amazing job with this project so far.

5. yami

yami the homing attack addict Member

I've been waiting on this demo to drop since... forever it feels like. This looks so nice, and I'm definitely excited for the full release! I like the new shield design as well!

SuperSayian Zrise likes this.
  6. Klashicola

Klashicola Newcomer Member

i'm redoing all UI elements in my hack now. heres a early version of the title screen (gonna make the background after I get out of school) Screenshot (44).png

7. Speems

Speems Well-Known Member Member

That is really good, the Genesis border is sweet and the logo detailing is slick! Can't wait to see the background eventually, this is a great first step at good presentation for sure!

Klashicola likes this.
  8. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun Visible Member

9. nineko

nineko I am the Holy Cat Member

Here is a link to a preview video of theinvisiblesun's hack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4azedRwjGDg

However, don't click it yet!

It's set to premiere next Wednesday, when both theinvisiblesun and I are going to be in the live chat on youtube, so make sure to bookmark it and come hang out with us!

Some timezones:
    2021-09-29
    3PM in Los Angeles
    6PM in New York
    11PM in London
    Midnight for me
    Thursday for Russians :U

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
  10. GenesisDoes

GenesisDoes What Nintendont Member

Custom loop chunk spritemasker object for my in-progress Chaotix mod, Knuckles Clackers. Also showcasing a lot of ROMulan project setup, tools, and annotation for the Chaotix disassembly work.
    The object ensures proper 32x character sprite priority as they go "behind" loops, and is based on the unused beta SSZ loop chunk sprite

Some random 32x sprite art edits
    (Monitors, Big/Chaos Rings, Signpost, Amy cameo, other stuff)

vladikcomper, Pacca, Psi and 5 others like this.
  11. Psi

Psi Well-Known Member Member

[​IMG]
    Sadly not made in time for the contest build, but another new level is on the way. :D

Wow we don't see nearly enough Chaotix hacking around here. Also great to see a functioning loop in the game (the level design was really bogged by them being unable to implement basic Sonic staples) as well as the backported Crackers level.

Now give Marina Madness actual water. :p

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
    NiphFM, ProjectFM, Pacca and 9 others like this.
  12. SuperSayian Zrise

SuperSayian Zrise Well-Known Member Exiled

That looks pretty cool, we definitely need more Sand Shower Zone restores and Dust Hill Zone revivals. (No not the Mystic Cave "Dust Hill.")
    Prediction: Maybe Genocide city??????

13. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun Visible Member

What we really need is a Dust Hill with both, where the interior sections look like Mystic Cave

14. Psi

I'm not positive if I'll do Genocide City/Cyber City since I don't really have enough reference to go on what it looked like.

I might be sneaky and modify Sand Shower into a Winter Zone like the original plans though.

15. Jareth247

Jareth247 Well-Known Member Member

IIRC, the concepts for Cyber City were used as the basis for art assets for a game called B-Bomb, but it was cancelled and the graphics were used for Sonic Spinball for the level "The Machine". At least according to this site. In fact, I remember someone made a Sonic 2 hack called "Sonic the Hedgehog: The Lost Worlds" that made playable versions of the excised levels and I believe they used art assets from The Machine for Cyber City.

SuperSayian Zrise likes this.
  16. Psi

That leaves little pinpoint to WHAT was used in Spinball though, Toxic Caves uses Hidden Palace graphics but we know they are minor and heavily modified. There is some sprite work discovered of Cyber City but even that doesn't exactly paint a clear picture like the other three ditched levels.

[​IMG]
    I'm making good progress on this one though. :D

17. vladikcomper

vladikcomper Well-Known Member Member

18. Catswell

Catswell Plushy lazy cat Member

19. Inferno

Inferno Rom Hacker Member

20. TheBlad768

TheBlad768 Well-Known Member Member

Hardcore gameplay, leaderboards, eastereggs, minigames and much more. The new and updated version of Sonic 3 Epilogue will be available in the Sonic Hacking Contest!