Sonic the Hedgehog - Regal Adventues

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Regal102, Sep 13, 2021.

1. Regal102

Regal102 Newcomer Trialist

Sonic the Hedgehog - Regal Adventures (formerly Project Regal) is a Filipino film company reference hack for Mega Drive / Genesis. This hack was reference from movie company. It contains changes music, layouts, palette, and more.

Credits:
    - SonED2 by Stealth
    - Project Sonic 1 Two-Eight by MarkeyJester
    - Sonic 1 Text Code Generator by Selbi
    - Fatilety
    - The Sega Data Compressor
    - ConText
    - HxD Hex Editor
    - Music from nineko, jubbalub, and more...
    - Spindash Guide by Selbi

I hope Razor and Zenon & Amy Rose uploads full longplay of my hack.

Edit 1: GHZ2 layout changes, released v1.0.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
    SuperSayian Zrise likes this.
  2. DarkexMW

DarkexMW werhog Member

Lol Sonic1995 reference
    This hack looks better than sonic 1 world, I recommend change the art of the zones, so it won't look generic.
    I hope your hack be very good, if you need help send me a DM :) or a friend request in dc (im Darkex#0348).

SuperSayian Zrise and Regal102 like this.
  3. Regal102

Regal102 Newcomer Trialist

Thank you very much. I also edited new arts from Special Stage, new title card, HUD, and life icon, after my old source code was lost in July 2021.

4. Scrap Sorra

Scrap Sorra Well-Known Member Member

I'm gonna cut to the chase here: This hack isn't worth your time. Sure it has improved palettes over the original project regal but that's it. Level design is barely changed and the level design that is changed isn't good, art changes are decent but extremely minimal, the music conversions are pretty bad except for the Ice Mountain Act 1 remix which is quite enjoyable which makes me slightly suspicious about its origins. The inclusion of the spindash is nice, missing dust aside. The spike bug is fixed but not the walk jumping bug for some reason which makes edited sections of MZ Act 1 harder than they need to be. At the end of the day this is just another dime a dozen newbie hack that's just not worth playing.

ProjectFM, Regal102 and DarkexMW like this.
  5. SuperSayian Zrise

SuperSayian Zrise Well-Known Member Exiled

Really? Better than Sonic 1 World???? I have nothing against any of your opinions. But why mention me? I'm even one of the first to add the zone 07 guide to a hack and ima add it again. But you really didn't have to mention me.
    (Yes, I know saying I'm probably one of the first to add a zone 7 was completely not needed but I'm also sorry if this came of as mean or anything.)
    It's fine. Also, yes a Zone after FZ like the Alpha Beta Zone guide (ABZ for short) :)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
  6. DarkexMW

DarkexMW werhog Member

So sorry, i gonna edit the post if you are offended.
    What do you mean with Zone 7? like a zone after FZ?

SuperSayian Zrise likes this.
  7. NiphFM

NiphFM Host of the Mega Drive Music Contest Member

It seems that a majority of the music comes from the SMPS competition, SoniNeko, jubbalub's SMPS pack, and Gamma V's SMPS pack. The Ice Mountain remix in question was the winner of it's SMPS competition round made by Crash. It's also painfully obvious Regal hasn't installed MegaPCM or anything else of the like, as there is static caused by the lack of samples that are tyring to be called by the SMPS files.

As for the rest of the hack, it leaves a lot to be desired. There are a myriad of problems with badnik placements and bottomless pits. It's not exactly a good impression to start off your very first act with a death pit, and you seem to draw some form of pleasure from punishing people who don't move immediately as there seems to be more than one level which starts off with a buzzbomber shooting a pellet directly at Sonic's starting position. As for the rest of the layouts, please cut down on the amount of badniks, and please replace those death pits with alternate pathways or fill them in.