A little question.

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback Archive' started by InTheZone, Jul 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InTheZone

InTheZone Well-Known Member Exiled

So I've been recently noticing that there are members on this site that have no posts and are in the member or pro user group. Like SonicFreak and Xkeeper is a good example. Can someone please answer me why are they not in the trialist group.

2. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

Various members have been around longer than you might think, some of them have simply returned from a long hiatus. Others have provided services to SSRG or the Sonic scene in general, and have therefore proven their membership.

3. InTheZone

But what exactly did SonicFreak94 do? I went into his SonicRetro profile and he is still a pending member.

4. LazloPsylus

LazloPsylus The Railgun Member

Academy City
    SonicFreak is Morph on Retro. Also, Xkeeper and Inuyasha are very well-known to the administrative staff. Some people whose reputation precedes them get to jump some of the procedural red tape because we know exactly who these people are and what to expect. The whole point of Applicants and Trialists is so we can judge if a user can behave and fits in with the community. For a select few people, the administration already knows that answer.

Let me know if you need more clarification.

5. InTheZone

Wait what Inuyasha is banned from SonicRetro.

6. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

I'm gonna call you out now...

...I think, the reason you're asking, is because you're trying to find fault somewhere, I'm certain of this since you reported two of my posts today, after being told by me not to do something, all in the attempt to justify your actions. Therefore, it stands the reason you're asking to find fault, and try and justify something within the administration system that you do not like.

The problem is, you fail to understand that much around here is based on moral or social impacts of our site's culture. If one person is liked more (even for a reasons unknown to the minority), that person is likely to recieve positive attention. It is in essence like a guy going out wearing a pink skirt, while the law does not say he cannot, it is socially unappealing, and that person is liable to recieve negative attention for doing so. Likewise, a man who is well known in the area, who has earned the respect of the surroundings, and so on, can get away with doing it, and recieve less negative attention by comparison, sheerly because of the social impact that the person had.

Now... I am being bias right now, and I could be wrong about you. But that's the impression I'm getting from this thread.

7. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak Still hacking the 8-bit titles Member

In my opinion, I don't think you really should be concerned about other members on the site being in whatever usergroup they're in. The staff have their reasons for promoting or demoting a member, and in the end it's their decision. It's okay to ask questions, but it's a Sonic forum and being in a certain group doesn't necessarily mean you're better than someone else. You should be having fun in the community, instead of being concerned about other members' usergroup titles.

TheStoneBanana likes this.
  8. SuperEgg

SuperEgg I'm a guy that knows that you know that I know Member

THE BEST GOD DAMN STATE OF TEXAS
    I have a "little question" as well. Why are you asking stupid questions about people who you'll never talk to and not making me some fucking steak? That's the real question. Chip chop. Get it together.

I like my steak medium well, has to have the perfect sizzle, a little bit of grizzle, but not too much, I like to actually eat my steak. Simple seasoning, salt, onion, garlic, and black pepper. Ensure one side has that perfect grill burn look, not a burn, but it looks a tiny bit burnt.

I'll be waiting, it's not like you have anything better to do. It's not like you're super relevant.

9. LazloPsylus

Academy City
    Why Inuyasha was banned from Retro is irrelevant in this case. Xkeeper and he have done quite a bit of work providing the IRC services for this community, and they are generally great people to talk to and work beside. Their reputation precedes them pretty well enough to warrant they bypass some of the red tape. Yes, some people do get a bit of preferential treatment at times when it comes to approval. The basis that the preference is built on, though, is a positive reputation that spans quite a bit of time in the community and recognized by the staff. We're not out to stir classism. Some people have just worked hard enough and garnered enough trust and respect to not be wrung through normal sifting methods. It doesn't affect anything else, and they're treated like normal users otherwise.

ProjectFM and Soldaten like this.
  10. Misinko

Misinko Oh SHIT it's the Biolizard! Member

Do you enjoy ruining perfectly good cuts of meat?

HackGame and Soldaten like this.
  11. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

I've got a better question.

Why the fuck does it look like we been invaded by North Korea?

12. LazloPsylus

Academy City
    Alright, this shit's run its course. Nightie-night, Bugs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.