Add to the Website

Discussion in 'Site News' started by Spanner, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

It's about time the website can be put into good use. We have had these things available for quite a while, it's just people not using them and people not telling you about them.

http://sonicresearch.org/index.php

You'll notice the Guides section, did you know you can actually add something to the section? It's like a wiki in a way, content can be changed. The only thing is that all content is under moderation and as such, only approved content will be made visible. Staff can revert any changes if necessary too.

You can use anything you can do in a forum post (such as ASM tags) to create an article on here. Staff also have the power to move any guides on the forum to the website, so if you have an existing guide on here, it will be moved if it hasn't already. Forum threads will still be of use, we are not abandoning the tutorial forum or anything like that.

Anyone who has a Hack or Utility can add to the Repository, the SSRG's own download system. Again, it is under moderation and forum threads are still unaffected, although staff cannot move your content to the Repository with the click of a button - it must be done manually.

If there are any more categories that should be added, please let us know and they will be added. It would be appreciated that original content is only posted, straight copypastas of someone else's work on the Sonic Retro wiki isn't acceptable - if they want to add it on here, they are very welcome to.

2. nineko

nineko I am the Holy Cat Member

Well, I think I just did my part, with 8 XM files and 29 SMPS files. Have fun with them, just remember to give credit (to me and to the other people listed next to some specific songs).

Trivia: since I already shared 71 SMPS files in the past, with these new 29 I reach 100. The best part is that it wasn't planned at all, I just picked 29 random songs and I realised that 71+29=100 only a few seconds ago. Once again, coincidences are always part of my life :U

3. DanielHall

DanielHall Well-Known Member Member

Does this mean I can stop the protests made in C++?

4. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

Since when did you become Jake92?

5. ThomasThePencil

ThomasThePencil resident psycho Member

Well, then, I believe I can do my part. I have a few tutorials I've been wanting to write for quite some time. I'm writing them as we speak.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.