Are there proper online Genesis emulators?

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by Pacca, May 6, 2016.

1. Pacca

Pacca Having an online identity crisis since 2019 Member

There have been multiple times, where due to dumb circumstances (Chromebooks are so awful...), I've wanted to play rom hacks or test my current rom hack using nothing more then a web browser. The chrome store only offers links to sites with preloaded roms, which don't offer the option to load up one from your files. Google hasn't turned up much either, bringing up the same exact sites alongside other barely related garbage. Is this even possible? Did anyone attempt to make a site like this? Or should I just wait until I can use a real computer? :rolleyes:

2. FireRat

FireRat Do Not Interact With This User, Anywhere!!! Exiled

May run slower on some computers, but you can try nesbox. Supports genesis games but some sound channel appear asynchronous.

3. AURORA☆FIELDS

AURORA☆FIELDS so uh yes Exiled

There is not a single good online emulator. Would have a better chance of trying to compile some Genesis Plus GX emulator on Chromebook. Though I don't know how different it is and it just may not work

4. TheStoneBanana

TheStoneBanana banana Member

Natsumi, Chromebooks rely exclusively on the internet for everything. So, when you say that he would have a better chance compiling a Genesis GX Plus emulator for Chromebook, you're basically suggesting that he makes an online emulator.

5. AURORA☆FIELDS

AURORA☆FIELDS so uh yes Exiled

Ahahah fair enough. That's pretty retarded though. Then again its a Chromebook...

6. Pacca

Thanks for the responses! I'll check out nesbox when I get the chance.

P.S. I would love if someone recompiled currently popular emulator into a website, but I'm not sure how feasible that is...

7. โบวี่

โบวี่ Tsingtao Enjoyer Member

I'd say wait until you can get a proper computer.

I'm sure you can get old laptops and netbooks with windows on them for cheap if you know where to find them. You don't need a powerful computer to use Kega Fusion. In fact Fusion works perfectly fine on my old Pentium II with Win 98 on it so you shouldn't have to worry about anything like the age of the computer as long as it isn't ancient.

8. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

No.

Yes.

Just being blunt here, I hope for it not to be taken as "rude".

โบวี่ likes this.
  9. Pacca

It's not that I don't have an actually useful computer, just that I like to bug test whenever I have free time, and the place I go to has a lot of Chromebooks. Honestly, I wouldn't even be hacking at all if I had to live with one. I just wanted to be able to freely test my game on all platforms. I totally sympathize with you guys though, I'd rather have nothing then a Chromebook. As it stands, nesbox will do fine, thanks again, iApple!

FireRat likes this.
  10. LuigiXHero

LuigiXHero Well-Known Member Member

Isn't there a way to get linux running on a chromebook?

11. Pacca

Yes, but the Chromebooks aren't mine :I