Bump Cutoff

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback Archive' started by Spanner, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

Since topic bumping that is really old (more than 6 months or even a year) occurs a lot, would it be possible to implement a cutoff point for topic bumping? If the topic creator wants it to be unlocked, they can PM a member of staff for it.

2. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

If you see a topic bumped by some idiot, unless you feel the need to reply to the topic as it's bump (and that's the topic, not to snap at the person who bumped), then you may as well just ignore it and move on. Implementing some sort of time strand or cutoff point seems a tad wasteful, especially if someone who's bumping the topic has a valid reason to, and maybe wants to do it anonymously, but cannot because of the cutoff point,

EDIT: also you're only mentioning this because of this user who seems to have done nothing but bump old topics all day, and I haven't noticed any other users doing this.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2010
  3. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

But a notice or an addition to the rules can be made, or? Like:

4. Tongara

Tongara Well-Known Member Exiled

It would probably just be best to remind people of the rules when it happens.

5. GalliumGrant

GalliumGrant Void. Member

Wait - I don't get this.

Could someone tell me about bumping, and how to avoid it?

6. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

That would be a great idea. Some rules have been lacking since the set changed a few years ago. The SSRG really needs to have a few changes, this isn't a playground after all.

7. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

Bumping a topic, means; Posting in an old topic that no-one has interest or use of anymore. To avoid it, check the date of the last post in the topic, and see how long it's been since the last post was made, if it's too long (about 3 months they say?), then posting or replying with simply "Hey the links gone" or "That was cool, thank you", just wouldn't be productive or useful, so do not bother posting. Of course if the info you're going to bump with "is" useful and is to do with said topic, then not I nor anyone else will see a problem with bumping

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.