Forum and Site problems

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback Archive' started by nicogearX, Mar 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicogearX

nicogearX Newcomer Member

Um, i have 2 problems and this is the best place where i can put them because one of them doesn't let me start a new topic: when i try to reply, edit my posts, or create a new topic, the things i write simply disappear, the only things that don't disappear are the words that i write in a fast reply and qutes, can someone tell me what is the problem? And also, i'm trying to update the first hack i uploaded and i can't change the file nor the version....what is the problem?

2. Qjimbo

Qjimbo Well-Known Member Member

For your first problem, I have no idea. Can you describe how they disappear exactly? When you start typing or after you hit the post button?

As for the hacktube issue you mentioned, hacktube does not allow you to change the version or the file. Every new version requires a new upload.

3. nicogearX

Well, more precisely it's like this: i write everything but if i try to post or preview it shows nothing and says the error: "You must write a post" like i didn't write anything...but thanks for solving the 2nd problem.

4. Qjimbo

How strange. What browser are you using? If you're using IE, try Firefox, Opera or Chrome. My only theory is it's some sort of malware toolbar that might be causing problems.

5. DanielHall

DanielHall Well-Known Member Member

I had that problem when i was using Intenet Explorer on this site. Try using firefox, working for me so far and i've not had any problems on this site. (Except for hacktube not working.)

6. nicogearX

ok, i'll try firefox, thanks and sorry for the trouble.

7. DanielHall

Hey wait a minute; if you couldnt make topics, then how did you make this one then?

8. Qjimbo

I split it out of a thread.

Also, I tested the forum in IE6 and I was able to make posts just fine. I can't find anything that could be causing a problem. If anyone finds any problems with the forums in IE feel free to Fast Reply here though and I'll do some more detective work.

9. DanielHall

Well the problems i had with IE on this site were not being able to post, and in my "Sent PMs" folder there were clones of what i received, and my friend didn't get the PMs i sent. But now i use firefox for this site and im not having problems

10. OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha RIGHT! Naebody move! Root Admin

Works perfectly in IE8, after all I posted this with it. Gonna switch back to Firefox 3.6 now.

Update (using FF3.6): PM Inbox looked perfectly fine in IE8 also. Mind you, my comp ain't riddled with malware and/or spyware, so that probably explains why the site works perfectly.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.