NEED HELP WITH HIDDEN PALACE ZONE

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by Mr.GAMEZ, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Mr.GAMEZ

Mr.GAMEZ Newcomer In Limbo

Ive Been Trying To Find a Way To Put A "Playable" Version of Hpz in to my rom hack
    or put in a whole new level
    cany anyone find a way to fix all of this mess

Attached Files:

2. Devon

Devon Down you're going... down you're going... Member

To restore HPZ, you will need the original level data files (tiles, blocks, chunks, palettes (already in the final S2), layout, object and ring placement), and the code for the objects used and their art and mappings.

You can use LevelConverter to convert the level data and then you can include it in the disassembly, and then supply pointers to the data in the appropriate spots (there's an array for art, blocks, and chunks, and there's also arrays for level layout, rings, and object placement, and arrays for palettes and animated art).

3. TheStoneBanana

TheStoneBanana banana Member

I'm not going to stop you from doing anything, but I will say this:
    Hidden Palace Zone in Sonic 2 hacks is a very old and worn out concept. You're going to have to introduce something to make it truly unique and stand out.

4. Pacca

Pacca Having an online identity crisis since 2019 Member

I made a guide a while ago that could help. It's not super specific, but if you follow everything it says, and use all the HPZ data from the betas, you should be fine. You should keep in mind what TheStoneBanana said, though; people are relatively tired of HPZ in it's unmodified state, and the level is not easy to modify (the chunks have to match up to each other just right to look any good).