New Monitor Sonic 2

Discussion in 'Discussion & Q&A' started by Trakinas, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Trakinas

Trakinas Newcomer Exiled

2. Pacca

Pacca Having an online identity crisis since 2019 Member

"I am having problems" is not something we can fix. Please actually attempt to describe what is going on; no one can just fix "problems" without any other details.

3. Trakinas

Trakinas Newcomer Exiled

Okay, I'll describe the problem.
    The ring art is not loaded correctly.[​IMG]
    These icons of fire are rings.
    problem2.PNG

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    maple_t likes this.
  4. Pacca

Pacca Having an online identity crisis since 2019 Member

Your adding new monitor graphics, even though they don't fit in the VRAM space the game gives them. Your going to have to shuffle where graphics load into VRAM around, and perhaps even remove unnecessary graphics. I personally would recommend just overwriting the unused monitors (? monitor, teleport, tails, and maybe even robotnik, since they're 2 player only and not exactly necessary even in 2 player). 2-4 extra monitors are usually enough, and it's much easier then micro managing VRAM, particularly VRAM that's loaded in all stages.

If you really, really want to add excess Monitor graphics, it's possible to free up a fair amount of universal VRAM space by making Shields and Invincibility stars load uncompressed art and share the same VRAM space. I believe there's a guide kicking around on the internet for that. You could probably fit the monitor graphics pretty snuggly in there, with some space to spare for more monitor subtype graphics.