Not being able to log in "anonymously"?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback Archive' started by EzequielM, Jul 12, 2015.

1. EzequielM

EzequielM Newcomer Trialist

So, as the title says, I wanted to report the site won't let me to log in anonymously, not even when I click the button to log in as such. Is this a bug or something like that? Does anyone else have a problem like this? I'm using Internet Explorer though, so maybe that is the problem.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2015
  2. MaDSkull

MaDSkull Lycanthrope Member

I don't know what is the problem with you. I can log in anonymously.

EDIT: I am using Opera and Chrome

3. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

At work, I HAVE to use IE, and this forums are practically dead with IE.  Nothing lines up properly, and I cannot post at all.  And I am not allowed to download Chrome as I do not have admin rights.  So that's 5 minutes of my lunch break gone =P

Try using a different explorer, and see if the problem persists.  Thinking about it though, I'm not entirely sure if Trialists can sign in anonymously (and I have limited AdminCP privileges so I cannot check on your behalf either).

4. DwhitetheGamer

DwhitetheGamer You got a serious fight in your hands. Member

^ I had the same issue as you on IE for a few days recently.  Still using it as I post this, so it seems the problem's temporarily fixed on my end. 

EDIT: It could be IE at fault as far as not being able to log in anonymously, though. 

5. StephenUK

StephenUK Working on a Quackshot disassembly Member

Why anybody would voluntarily use IE is a mystery to me. It is by far the worst of the major browsers and has been for the last decade. Being forced to use it in work is one thing, but I can't understand why anybody would choose to use it at home. IE is, and always has been, notoriously buggy. The fact it regularly fails to properly handle pages that all other browsers manage to handle with ease speaks volumes on how much of a train wreck the browser is. Chrome or Firefox (or it's variants) are much better options.

6. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

​You are at work...to work.

If you're that desperate to view SSRG outside of your home get yourself a phone with internet access.

7. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

You obviously did not read my post properly, Spanner.  I said it makes 5 minutes of my lunch break go.  I have to find something to do for an hour, and working through it, even for 5 minutes, not being paid, is not one of them.  During work hours, I DO work.

As for mobile goes, I do have wifi, but you have to view SSRG in mobile version (I can't seem to force it into desktop version since the update), and I can't stand it in mobile version.  So I just leave it altogether.

8. EzequielM

​I'm maybe too accostumed using IE. I know Chrome is by far much better than IE but I've trying to delete the MyStartSearch virus for months now, and Mozilla is much more slower than both, at least in my PC. That's how I see it, but I'll be trying to test another browsers such as Opera.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2015
  9. AURORA☆FIELDS

AURORA☆FIELDS so uh yes Exiled

as far as Chrome goes there are some security flaws you need to be aware of before using it and remember that chrome isnt really safe to use for "private business". I think Firefox in terms of being a safe browser is the best because its open source so Mozilla can't just insert anything in without someone noticing and reporting it. Chrome is closed source and afaik so is IE. I however use Chrome because I am quite accustomed to it and I know how to be careful with what I use it with.

On topic, I am not anonymous after clicking the icon for it, using chrome here, newest update on Win7 64-bit.

EDIT: Well it seems that it lists me being online on the normal pages, but if I go to users online I am not shown (and main page shows 1 anonymous), so maybe there is a forum software bug where either I am shown being non-anonymous or then everyone sees it so. Seems rather odd.

10. EzequielM

Well, I have tried logging in anonymously on Chrome and Firefox and it still won't let me to do so, again, not even when I click the button to log in as such. The same happens when viewing the board index and the online user list (0 anonymous)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015