SegaSonic Bros. Disassembly (Active WIP)

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Filter, Sep 4, 2022.

1. Filter

Filter Active Member Member

So I've been working on this for quite a while now, and I thought why not share it? Introducing my SegaSonic Bros. Disassembly! Still quite a work in progress at the moment, but a lot of things have been found, including SMPS track data as well as the sound driver (which seems to be a mix of 68K and Z80), and of course the objects. I hope all of you will enjoy this disassembly, check it out!

The IDA Pro and main disassembly:
    segasonic-bros-disasm

Edit (2/25/24): It's been nearly 2 years! But I have returned to work on this once more with more knowledge of the Motorola 68000 and with some new tools as well. I have fixed the directory for the disassembly so now you can check up on my current progress at any time.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2024
    EddyTF, Crimson Neo, Clownacy and 3 others like this.
  2. Filter

Filter Active Member Member

Well, it's certainly been a long time! But I have decided to return to this disassembly with more knowledge and tools to bring to the table.

So far for my second attempt at this disassembly, I have identified both executeobjects as well as buildsprites. Mappings are id $20 in object RAM to my knowledge. Surprisingly, this game only has 70 objects (for hex references, that's $46)! I will be getting to splitting the compressed data soon, so stay tuned!