So I'm thinking of getting a team together...

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by PsychoSk8r, Sep 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r HighKnights Member

Right, as i do have a life, i don't use all of my time to hack.

I need:

*Somebody with ASM skills (and ideas).

*Somebody who is good with Music

*Somebody who is good with Art (more than one, 1 or 2 levels each)

*Someone for Level Layouts.

*Someone good at Spriting

And possibly a new name for the project.

Members of the team will have a news account created HERE, To update on your progress on your section; Will be a Moderator, and have a news account created HERE.

Members of the team will also get webspace, say 5gb each, which can be used for anything.

To sign up to be a member you must:

*Post here or PM me proof of your skill

*Must be able to provide more or less between 10 and 15 hours per week (not much)

*Must send me your preffered avatar, so i can Fit it with RetroHack / S1:MP site

So, is anybody interested? I've had a lot of thought about this, because i wanted to do something entirely by myself, but i can easily include these levels in a Solo Project.

Let me Know if you're interested.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2007
  2. Tweaker

Tweaker OI! MIRON! Member

What I can tell you is that rallying for team members in this way is very likely to have the adverse effect of what you want. The best teams are built through those who already work close together, share a common interest, and make the best of their abilities to come up with something great. It's up to you to draw the line between your standard failed group hack, and something like Team Megamix or Team Remix (I made that one up :D).

Not telling you to stop trying, of course, but I am saying this isn't the best way to go about it.

3. PsychoSk8r

Thanks for the advice tweaker =P

Problem is I've never worked closely with anyone on hacks, though I'm sure I share interests with a few people, but I'm making sure that the quality of peoples work is up to scratch before I even think of accepting them.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2007
  4. Thundertimi

Thundertimi Well-Known Member Member

i agree whith tweaker, but if you want some sprites, let me know. i can make some for you.

5. Sephiroth

Sephiroth WHY SO CURIOUS?!? Member

Yeah, I also agree with Tweaker, when I started T-H I was still a noob at hacking. Still am, but better than before. If you had some help with palletes then I could but that is about it. Plus, I seem to have a knack for level names, along with project names. (Anyone who saw my S2 R.E.C.T.U.M Hack would know. That was a great name) That is all I can help you with, so yeah. I think that the more a team hacks together, the better they all get. It's kinda like Final Fantasy in that sense, with everyone working together so they can all gain experience for it.

Plus I could learn a great deal from working in a team that focuses a lot more on hacking, because Team Hedgehog has like 1 hack which is primarily Armada's hack.

6. Yuki Speed

Yuki Speed Newcomer Trialist

I'll try for the spot for the Sprite's. Proof of my skill below.

[​IMG]

Hope you like it.

7. PsychoSk8r

Not Bad.

8. Tarheeltim

Tarheeltim Active Member Member

May I say that is quite a lot of talent.=P

9. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

Here's a new name for you:

Sonic 1: Updated Edition

Why? Well this hack is giving Sonic 1 a better, updated version with new art, palletes, music & some good ASM.

10. Sephiroth

Sephiroth WHY SO CURIOUS?!? Member

I can beat that SOTI...

How about...

Sonic 1: Digitally Remastered.

11. PsychoSk8r

Hahaha, lets not turn this like that "The Sims 2: The Movie: The Game: The Cheat Guide" type of topic =P

Anyway, Sepiroth, i suck at level names etc, so you can do that for me, You seem fun enough too =P

Right, If anybody is interested, i need proof of your skill, No hacks which have been made mostly by other people, or sprites which STRANGELY resemble someone else.

12. Thundertimi

Thundertimi Well-Known Member Member

13. ddrmaxromance

ddrmaxromance Well-Known Member Member

Hello there. I've been involved with modifying Sonic games (Primarily Sonic 1) for roughly two years now. You can take a look at my current work (SoniQuest) at this link. Yeah, I just created it since it got deleted during the forum update. However, it has been updated with the latest screenshots and information.

If you see anything you like and would possibly like my help for your modification, please let me know! I'd be more than happy to help you out on your project.

14. PsychoSk8r

DDR: looking at your game, i see you have some potential, but not showing it all there, so i'm gonna test you with something.

[​IMG]

If you can create this 256x256 tile (or something similar), impliment it, and show it playable, i'll let you in.

ThunderTimi: Not bad, but i require something of Higher Quality. They look a little too flat, perhaps use some dithering?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2007
  15. ddrmaxromance

Isn't that pretty much just GHZ but the upper graphics were changed, leaving the water intact?

16. PsychoSk8r

Correct. Makes it easier for you to do it if you notice that =P

Edit: Also, you can remove the green from on the actual mountains to make it a bit easier.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2007
  17. ddrmaxromance

Okay, I'll see what I can do. Kinda tough time for me this week with school starting up. Senior year should be a breeze nevertheless.

18. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

I may be interested, but may just go alone, depends on how I feel. But incase I do want to help out, here's a few examples.

This is Leaf Forest Zone taken from Sonic Advance 2 and was going into the hack S2Recreation. The level art was never finished.
    /monthly_09_2007/post-38-1188908770_thumb.png - /monthly_09_2007/post-38-1188908833_thumb.png

This was also going into S2Recreaction but yet again, never finished. This was inspired from the level in Sonic Rush.

/monthly_09_2007/post-38-1188908908_thumb.png

This is Ocean Base Zone from Sonic Advance 3, and this was going into Red Hot Sonic 2. Again, art was never finished.

/monthly_09_2007/post-38-1188908991_thumb.png

There are other level arts, but if I do go alone, I will use them in my hack. This art cannot be used from my pictures into other hacks without permission.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2007
  19. PsychoSk8r

Not bad stuff you got there RHS. any chance of a rom as proof via PM or MSN?

20. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

At work at the moment, home time in a minute though. If I can find it on my home PC, will send it via PM or MSN, as I do not want others having it. Give me 30mins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.