Sonic 1 Audio Problem

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by ProjectFM, Oct 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ProjectFM

ProjectFM Optimistic and self-dependent Member

After adding music to every zone in my hack, I noticed that in Marble Zone Act 2, there were no sound effects. After dying once, the music faded out but the sound effects returned. After dying again, the music came back but there were no sound effects again. Can anyone help fix this? I use the Hivebrain 2005 disassembly.

2. DevEd

DevEd A lol who occasionally doge nothing Member

Do you think maybe you could provide some more details? Like, what modifications (if any) did you make to the code?

3. ProjectFM

I followed the tutorials on Sonic Retro to change songs every act and to expand the music index from $94 to $9F, $E5 to $FF, and $00 to $7F. I also reordered all the music to make it easier find each track. That's all I did with the music. I only made minor changes to the other parts of code.

4. DevEd

DevEd A lol who occasionally doge nothing Member

In that case, I can assume that there's something wrong with the music file you're using.

5. EditChris

EditChris STH:DB - Someday... Member

Are you using $88 to Marble Zone Act 2?

$88 is the Extra Life sound value on the original Sonic 1 PlayList. If you changed all the PlayList and you used another song (that isn't Extra Life Medley), then that's the problem.

Music $88 is programmed specialy to Extra Life Medley. The easy way to fix this, is changing the PlayList again, (sorry), and using $88 only for Extra Life Song.

But if you want to use that value, then search how you can change this. Sometimes we need to seach alone solutions to problems. But if you can't fing nothing yet, PM me.

6. ProjectFM

As a matter of fact, it is! Thank you so much!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.