Sonic 1: Egg Factory (Sonic 1 Hack)

Discussion in 'Showroom Archive' started by Ivan YO, Dec 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ivan YO

Ivan YO Well-Known Member Member

This is hack by SHooTeR. He had some problems with the registration and I wrote his stead.
    ==========================================================================
    Sonic 1: Egg Factory - it is my hack that some might see on YouTube. I was not able to register on this forum, so I asked Ivan YO to release my hack.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Features:
    1. Completely new level with new graphic.
    2. New and modified enemies.
    3. 4 shields:
    White - DoubleJump
    Blue - Protection from rockets and mini bombs
    Red - JumpDash
    Yellow - Magnetisation of the rings
    4. Easter eggs!
    5. New bosses.
    6. Original soundtrack by Ivan YO. Thank you so much!
    7. Sonic dies at the end.

Download

FireRat, pixelcat, Jdpense and 9 others like this.
  2. LordXernom

LordXernom Well-Known Member Member

Amazing. I'm really happy I see a hack with music, bosses and art not imported or remixed from other games or other creations but it's a original stuff made by creators of this hack. I hope in future it turns into full hack, but even in this state this is beautiful work. Congratulations. ;)

3. Burst

Burst You call this a connection? Oh, give me a break. Member

Damn! I recorded the russian version already xD But ok, i will throw the link to English Version in Description.

To the hack - it was awesome. Thats what we need - more custom BOSSES. If i could code one i would code one. xD

4. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

The only problem I got with this is that the level transitions don't reset the timer. It's really frustrating to have time as an enemy, just because I didn't know the game would be one continuous stage when I first opened it up and decided to explore the stages thoroughly instead of rushing through it.

I actually died by Time Over on the very last boss, right after the final bomb hit the pillar. But – and I think this is an oversight – the timer didn't stop then, as it would with any normal boss fight after the last hit, continued on to 9:59, and made me die at what I would later realize was actually just two seconds away from the Sega Screen.

That's a real bummer, and I hope that gets fixed soon.

Otherwise, really neat and polished hack! Especially like the bosses. They are a prime example of how you can make fun, original, and challenging bosses without relying on over-the-top difficulty to sell them (Cybernetic Outbreak, you earned that bad reputation rightfully I'm afraid).

Rather abrupt ending, I'm afraid. Even a little screen with the main credits or something would've been nice instead of immediately going back to the Sega Screen, but that's just nitpicking.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
    SHooTeR and Crimson Neo like this.
  5. M.N.K.

M.N.K. In the River of Darkness... Member

Just got around trying this myself. this was very well made indeed. the layouts, the music, the art, and especially the bosses were quite enjoyable. my only thing with this as selbi said already was the bug with the time counter as it kept going on after i defeated the first boss. other than that, this was by far one of the best mini hacks I've played in awhile so props to the creator of this.

6. SHooTeR

SHooTeR Newcomer Trialist

Crimson Neo likes this.
  7. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

Well, I tried this last night, the version before SHooTeR released the "Timer fix" in the post above. I enjoyed playing it!

LINK

8. TheFieldWarrior

TheFieldWarrior Warrior of the Fields Member

I played this last night and I played the fixed timer version today, great job SHooTeR, the entire zone was challenging but also fun at the same time. The artwork for the zone was nice to look at, what complements the visuals is the awesome OST, I am impressed by the fact that the soundtrack is completely original, it's quite refreshing to hear original music considering most hacks use music from other sources, major props to you Ivan YO. I really enjoyed the bosses, they hit the right balance of difficulty, not too easy but not too hard either, I could imagine these bosses being in an official Sonic game.

The only issue that I can point out is that certain level terrain as well as the moth enemies from Aquatic Ruin blend in with the background, but this is only minor, overall this is a great mini hack.

9. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

I'm streaming this right now, I did write up a message yesterday to say I'd be doing it tonight, but for some reason it didn't post (maybe I forgot, I donno...).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.