Sonic 1; Spindash Edition!!

Discussion in 'Showroom Archive' started by DanielHall, May 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanielHall

DanielHall Well-Known Member Member

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?rwwgyykdtdm

Nothing special, just Sonic constantly spindashing. Pressing down will cause you to stop. Nothing else is altered except for a semi working s2alpha wallrebound.

The level layouts are all the same, causing you to get stuck a lot. If you want i'll throw in some working level designs. Screenshots would be pretty much pointless to upload.

EDIT: Other than that, how far can you get without level select? I can get as far as the helix spikes in GHZ

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2010
  2. c1owd

c1owd Previously 'CarrascoZX0' Member

Eh... No. Sorry if I sound fucked up but this was so annoying to play. You can barley get passed anything and it's hard to move or get to places. (Like over a rock sometimes!) And what's up with the wail recoil thing you added there? That made the game a whole lot more frustrating and to me it was a total waste of time trying to beat the first act in Green Hill Zone. Again, sorry if I sound fucked up. Anyway...

Then why would you release this if you can't even get passed the first level? :(

Next time, you should release something that you can actually play. The game has potential. And I'm not going to say to continue it or leave it. It's up to you really. But if you plan to continue this little hack. First, fix the bugs (example, the SEGA sound) and change the level layouts so you can actually get passed a level. (like Sonic 1: Bouncy Edition) And why did you call it Spindash Edition? Sonic isn't really doing a spindash... He's just... Rolling around. =P

Also, do something a bit more unique and original you know? Like, once again Sonic 1: Bouncy Edition. But if your not working on anything else. Then keep working on it. It has potential like I said. It just needs a few tweaks here and there. :(

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2010
  3. SaunicBoom

SaunicBoom Well-Known Member Member

This is funny because as of posting this, I managed to reach Marble Zone just fine. I got as far as where you first go underground in the first act. I could probably go even farther if I wanted to, I just don't quite feeling like doing so right now...getting passed Act 3 was quite a feat in itself. =P

To Dandaman955: I like what you've done here, bringing a very interesting and challenging way of completing the levels...even if it is just some minor ASM editing. Personally, I'd leave it the way it is, unless you want to bring about a new set of challenges. This is some neat stuff and, unless you're a very impatient person, I'd recommend giving this hack a go and see just how far you can get by simply rolling.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2010
  4. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

Then don't post if you think you're gonna sound like an arsehole? But really, you sound pretty harsh right now =(

Yes, 100% Agreed.

Well, because the wall recoil was not present in objects such as the "Rock", that would explain why we couldn't get passed it, I would asume that having the recoil there on the level's collision, helped get through it if anything.

Not necessarily.

Yeah, those bugs can be annoying, but if it's something small, and not meant to be anything special, then maybe fixing them would be a waste of time and effort.

Good point, but he's still "Dashing" forward, in a "Spinning" motion, hence "Spin"-"Dash" =P

Firstly, this is unique and to a degree original, as it's not really something I've seen done before, but to compare it with Sonic 1: Bouncy Edition as an example is like comparing "Dandaman955" with "Xenowhirl" (The one who made "Sonic 1: Bouncy Edition"), from what I've read of his history, he's achieved a LOT in the technical area that most others could only dream to live up to (or at least they "should"), Dandaman955 has no record from what I've seen, and hasn't been around for a long while, the fact that he's at least "Trying" to create something that's different, I'll give merit for.

As for my opinion, I donno, it just didn't do it for me sorry, I wasn't too pleased with playing it, maybe look into a layout change, and possibly programming objects to work with the new idea of constant spinning, give the game more playability in terms of fun, and you'll have something more meritable

5. DanielHall

6. c1owd

c1owd Previously 'CarrascoZX0' Member

Good for you. You were able to beat the first two acts of your own hack. Congrats! =P

EDIT: Yay! my 300th post! =P

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2010
  7. DanielHall

It wasn't even that hard to begin with. @_@

EDIT: Well, maybe the first time. But it's a cakewalk!

Another EDIT: Anyways, I'm taking your suggestions into account and making a v2.0 version

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2010
  8. DanielHall

Double post, but what do you want to see in V2.0?

9. JustANewbie

JustANewbie Well-Known Member Member

When i pressed down, i stopped (which is normal), but then, Sonic gone crazy!! He was bumping into walls etc. That's sometimes annoying.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2010
  10. DanielHall

Unless I get an external case, this hack isn't moving anywhere.

11. JustANewbie

I'm so glad...

12. Irixion

Irixion Well-Known Member Member

One thing that can make this better is air dash. Rebound doesn't work on objects, and if i'm infront of a rock i need a way to go forward, that would make it more playable

13. JustANewbie

Good idea, man...

14. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

[​IMG]

Hooray.

15. Tongara

Tongara Well-Known Member Exiled

Lmao, Selbi. Several posts will probably be trashed now.

I think you should continue working on the hack, and do whatever you want with it. This is YOUR hack, and you're not here to please anyone else. Just to show off what you've done, for people to make comments on. You can take them or leave them.

A crowd of people saying "UR HAK SUCKS" isn't really going to make someone stop making their hack, guys.

16. OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha RIGHT! Naebody move! Root Admin

XD Another account that no one will be arsed to authorise. Nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.