Sonic ERaZor source code (and everything else)

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Selbi, Mar 30, 2023.

1. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

https://github.com/Selbi182/ERaZor

Sup. Long time no see.

So yeah, I'm making the source code to Sonic ERaZor and everything I've worked on over the last few years public. Why? Read on.

Our community treats source code like a holy grail that must be protected at all costs. I used to follow that mindset for literal decades, even long after I stopped engaging with the community, let alone creating anything new. However, since the years without me producing anything have steadily gone by, it felt more and more disheartening that my old work is simply left on an old git repo without ever seeing the light of day again.

Therefore, making the source code for my old projects public is a way to circumvent this "digital decay". By making it accessible to anyone who's interested in it, there's at least the chance for people out there to find some value in my old stuff.

I also believe that sharing the source code for my old projects is an opportunity to give back to the community, no matter how insignificant that contribution may actually be nowadays. I'm well aware that a lot of time has passed, and most (if not all) of the tools and techniques that I used in my projects will certainly no longer be relevant. But that doesn't mean it should stay locked up for all eternity, especially when there's no reason other than ego and pride involved.

If you got any questions, feel free to reach out. Otherwise, do whatever you want with it.

Cheers.

2. Mohamad20ZX

Mohamad20ZX Newcomer Trialist

Wow that's actually Great to share Your work with us thank you for your Amazing Rom hack which is the best one from 2008

3. Mohamad20ZX

Mohamad20ZX Newcomer Trialist

Wow that's actually Great to share Your work with us thank you for your Amazing Rom hack which is the best one from 2008

4. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member