Sonic Frenzy (Demo)

Discussion in 'Showroom Archive' started by SteamPoweredPixel, Aug 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteamPoweredPixel

SteamPoweredPixel Newcomer Member

[​IMG]
    Video:

A simple 1 zone hack demo with new art and a new layout.

Feedback is appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. ArcaniaCQ

ArcaniaCQ Well-Known Member Member

Well there is 1 issue I have with this hack... The background look like it comes from Sonic Zoom. A hack by Looneydude.

Edit: Atleast simular to what it looks like.

3. Ashuro

Ashuro Anti-Cosmic Metal Of Death Member

There is a chunk that make me think of a chunk in my hack, at 0:27 exactly :)

I like the level layout and the palette is good. 7/10!

4. ArcaniaCQ

ArcaniaCQ Well-Known Member Member

Alright I played the hack. And here is my honest opinion.
    It's unfair and not fun. Enemy placement and Bottomless pits makes this hack go bad. All the other stuff was good. Tho what ruined it was enemy placement and bottomless pits in the first zone may I add. In the 1st zone you should not have bottomless pits that are mandatory. Especially in a classic Sonic game.

5. jubbalub

jubbalub Mania fanboy Member

I disagree, I liked the layouts for the most part, they were unique and fun to play through. Enemy placement could definitely use some work though, and bottomless pits don't belong in the first zone. The art isn't too bad either, maybe a little bland but I liked it.

6. SteamPoweredPixel

Thanks for feedback. Im currently nerfing the bottomless pit areas. May I ask what was wrong with the enemy placement?

7. jubbalub

jubbalub Mania fanboy Member

There were a few places where I couldn't avoid getting hit, and a few other places where there are just open stretches of land, then suddenly a badnik pops out of nowhere.

8. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

I like the foreground design you have going on there, nice and wavey, and I appreciate the fact that you changed nearly all of the checkered tiles to fit that design, most people simply give up and don't bother after changing the main tile.

I was moving so fast, that I fell through the floor here:

upload_2016-8-10_23-57-52.png

Straight through that curve.

It was pretty fun, the layout was quite challenging in places, yet not overly difficult. Lot's of shield monitors though...

Attached Files:

9. SteamPoweredPixel

Thanks, good to hear you enjoyed it. Not sure how to fix the falling through the floor, ill probably have to put some sort of failsafe.

10. AbyssalLeopard

AbyssalLeopard Well-Known Member Member

Had a go at this. I'd say the only issue I have with this hack is that... I dunno, perhaps the background details need some shading, you know, the balloons and such. Perhaps you should revise the palmtrees in the foreground as well, but I'm just being nitpicky there. The level design? It was absolutely brilliant. Chunks were 100% correctly placed (no cut-offs), I found no dickish places, the levels were fast enough, were long, and overall were well constructed. That's all I can say about this. Well done.

11. SteamPoweredPixel

Thanks, Ill likely redo/change some of the art in time along with adding some new music.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.