Sonic Heroes

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by DanielHall, Oct 3, 2010.

?

Do you Leik Sonic Heroes?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanielHall

DanielHall Well-Known Member Member

Personally, I love it.

2. Tongara

Tongara Well-Known Member Exiled

It was a pretty alright game! Not as good as previous games, but still alright.

3. Irixion

Irixion Well-Known Member Member

For once I agree with Tongara. It had some unique ideas, but as always I think could have been executed better. Wasn't a fan of the character model polys and textures, as well as the fact that they all talked far too much and played like they were on butter, but it was okay.

4. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

I played the PS2 demo about 30 times (within a week). I think this should explain it. However, the controls were the biggest shit ever. I mean, X for an action button on the PC? Thanks, but no.

5. JustANewbie

JustANewbie Well-Known Member Member

Oh, and I didn't played Sonic Heroes...

6. DeoxysKyogre

DeoxysKyogre No idea what to put here .-. Member

I liked it pretty much ^_^

7. Reverie

Reverie Good sir, I do read that as "Derp" Member

Honestly, didn't like it... it just doesn't live up to the previous games (Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2.) Also, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought the controls were less than decent.

8. amphobius

amphobius spreader of the pink text Member

Fail.

If you had any sense, you'd have obtained the GC version. This is the version it was developed with, has little to no glitches, the controls are fantastic and responsive and it's an excelent game.

9. Tongara

lol, never heard that before. But, I have all of the versions, and the GC version plays exactly the same as the others.

Also, not everyone had/wanted a Gamecube. They saw it as a FAIL console.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2010
  10. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

If I could give my opinion, having a brother who played the game all the way through, I did take interest in the game.

There are a few quirks that subconsciously put the rest of the game down entirely, and it's mainly areas that were directed towards "kids only" in general, such as the movie scenes, you have a set of actors who play the characters as if it was designed for kids only, and it sounds very childish in that regard, just enough to make me feel uncomfortable with playing the game. Now I'm aware that Sonic is a childs game anyway, that's one of it's functions, but Sonic was originally designed to attract the attention of all fields, we knows this as it was a desperate attempt to get SEGA in front of other companies, primarily Nintendo.

This game's level designs and themes are very good, the music is ok (Not the best I've heard, but well... I've heard Sonic 4 so there! =P), and the storyline is as what you'd expect (Maybe a bit too....

...You know what? fuck it, I'm wasting my time explaining something most of you may probably never read or possibly shit on, so I'll just say this, I played it, I enjoyed it, I was a bit put off by a few things, controls, scenes, etc, but it was an OK game.

11. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

Quoted because it's the truth.

12. Reverie

Reverie Good sir, I do read that as "Derp" Member

First off, I lol'd at the spelling. Second, while the GC was inferior to the PS2 and XBOX, it did have it's share of good games (Tales of Symphonia, Super Mario Sunshine, etc.) And third, while the controls were a slight bit better on the Gamecube version, it still don't hide the fact that it was shittastic game. Also, do correct me if I'm wrong... but wasn't the heroes engine also used for another shit game we all know as "Shadow the Hedgehog"?

(EDIT) If there's something good about this game... It's the music, with the exception of Sonic 4 and Sonic Spinball, Sonic games always have some great music.

In addition it's just bad... but, there are worse Sonic games than this one (I'm looking at you Sonic Labyrinth, Sonic 3D Blast, and Sonic '06.)

Also, why the hell is this in the disscusion Q&A of the Modification section? This seems like something that should be in the Lounge if you'd ask me.

13. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

First off, I lol'd at the gramma. Secondly, this topic is about Sonic Heroes and our thoughts on that, not the Game Cube. And third, I see the lounge as a place to rest from talking about Sonic, a place where people can discuss life issues or anything non-sonic that doesn't fit what we have in other sections of the forums, hence, I see nothing wrong with having this form of discussion here. It may not follow the rules of your mind, but it is preferred this way.

14. amphobius

amphobius spreader of the pink text Member

I must ask - why do we assume Shadow the Hedgehog as a 'bad game'? Guns, vehicles and a personality change? Personally, I find it fun, along with Heroes - call my taste in games 'bad', but that doesn't stop me from enjoying what I like playing.

15. Irixion

That sir, is the 'shittiest' explanation for anything. Xbox/Ps2/Gamecube all shared the exact same engine, only difference was what controller you played it on, so the entire 'controls' deal is a pile of garbage. Second of all, the Gamecube was a successful system, Super Smash Brothers Melee is one of the best selling games for it (iirc), one I particularly enjoy.

What makes this a horrible game? You stated no form of explanation to your opinion, all you did there was stick your head up your ass and baww. You also didn't state what is wrong with Shadow.

Do you even know what an 'engine' is? Shadow the Hedgehog did use a slight modification of the Heroes physics engine--but for Shadow, those physics fit, he has fucking hair shoes, it's meant to be a slippery control scheme. Shadow was built off of Heroes, and frankly, it sealed some mysteries about the hedgehog, just because it had guns doesn't make it a bad game. It's not the Sonic formula, and neither is Heroes (and frankly neither was Chaotix), but this in no way makes it a bad game.

Have you played Labyrinth? Have you played 3D Blast? Have you played Sonic 06? If you haven't then kindly shut your yap.

All games have their fair share of serious bugs. Why Heroes, Shadow, and 06 get all the heat, is because people over-dramatize things. Little things into OH MY GOD THIS IS SUCH A GAMEBREAKER.

On the downside, Heroes did have a few serious level bugs, such as dying unavoidably in numerous zones, and the character lighting and physics were absolutely horrible. That being said, it did offer a new style of gameplay, new and exciting zones, each storyline with unique obstacles in each of those zones. Those are all good qualities of a game. Don't be giving us 'it's shittiest' and not support your opinion for it.

16. OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha RIGHT! Naebody move! Root Admin

Do I like Sonic Heroes? I ciould give a simple answer "yes/no" answer, but let me put it this way - I ended up tossing my GC disc at the wall and watching it shatter, and boy, that was more fun than the game. The game's collision issues, irritating English audio and Jun Senoue's incessant fucking noise got on my nerves that fucking much that it crossed the fucking line.

17. Tongara

Not a fun, huh?

18. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

Had the PS2 version, hated those fucking special stages (this is why I hate Sega's constant use of the Tube Stages).

On the PC, I finished the whole game. Sounds good.

19. Irixion

What collision issues? Object interaction was horrible, especially when going at high speeds (ergo the unavoidable deaths that I mentioned say in, Power Plant) I do agree with the irritating fact that they all talked too much, and I don't think the music was all that bad.

20. OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha RIGHT! Naebody move! Root Admin

I dunno about you, but I class falling through the floor or off rails for no fucking reason a collision issue. Hell, I even passed through walls at times when moving at top speed. And, I had that shit happen far too fucking often.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.