Sonic The Hedgehog: Dark World's Defeat: SSRG Demo

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by rayisepic, Jan 1, 2022.

1. rayisepic

rayisepic Newcomer Trialist

Sonic The Hedgehog: Dark World's Defeat is an ROM Hack about adding concepts and elements from early prototypes of Sonic The Hedgehog, finalizing them and adding new original ideas!

This ROM Hack changes: Level designs, layouts, adds in new sprites and objects, new music, unused sounds from the Prototype of Sonic The Hedgehog and more!

This demo contains:

Green Hill Zone Act 1, Act 2 and Act 3.

Labyrinth Zone Act 1, Act 2 and Act 3

Star Light Zone Act 1

After Star Light Zone has been finished, the demo will end.

Keep in mind that this is a WIP and some things will change over time.

RAY TEAM

(RayIsEpic, Cyberooze, JustKosan, Laffy Taffy, Sonic The Dutch Hedgehog,)

PROGRAMS USED:

SonLVL, SonPLN, SonAni - MainMemory

S1smps2asm - Cinossu

Flex 2 - snkenjoi

Dark World's Defeat NEW Demo000.png Dark World's Defeat NEW Demo001.png Dark World's Defeat NEW Demo002.png Dark World's Defeat NEW Demo003.png

Attached Files:

2. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden Sonic CD's Sound Test Member

There's some interesting changes here, and also some that don't make much sense. The background change on the title screen is nice, if a little repetitive. The changes to music/sound effects don't really work and sound a bit incorrect in places (especially the noise for breaking a badnik/monitor). Eggman monitors don't work. The Special Stage entrance seems incomplete, and takes me back to a lamp post. The corners of loop-de-loops are also broken, causing me to soft-lock, and I had to wait for time over to continue. I could go on, but I won't. There's just a general lack of polish, really.

There's not much here that kept my interest. I also don't think there's enough new material here to warrant a demo. It's nice to see the prototype elements brought back, but at this point, I've seen it done so many times before.

3. rayisepic

rayisepic Newcomer Trialist

sorry if this demo kind of made you disappointed, i'm still trying to improve everything in this hack and add new stuff in it,

4. EddyTF

EddyTF 단순 한 사람 Member

Awesome hack. Very well parodies the prototype of the first Sonic. Keep it up!