Sonic the Hedgehog: Helen Keller Edition

Discussion in 'Showroom Archive' started by TheStoneBanana, Apr 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheStoneBanana

TheStoneBanana banana Member

[​IMG]
    Helen Keller, born on June 27, 1880, was a very influential woman. She was an author, political activist, as well as a lecturer. Sadly, however, she passed away on June 1, 1968. Being as old as she was, her death was not a surprise, but lots of people today are left to wonder one question...

"What would daily life be like if I were Helen Keller?"

I myself ponder this question many times. In fact, lots of people in the Sonic hacking community come up to me and say, "I've always wondered what it would be like to play Sonic the Hedgehog as Helen Keller."
    Considering when she died, she clearly couldn't have played Sonic the Hedgehog, but I decided to do a lot of research and study Helen Keller's life to bring you this extraordinary hack:

Sonic the Hedgehog: Helen Keller Edition

This hack is a true emulation of what it would be like to enjoy Sonic the Hedgehog as Helen Keller. No other hack can match this level of accuracy, even if they tried.
    I'd like to thank super godzilla for his contributions to this hack. Without him, I never would have been able to complete this hack.​

Devon, Royameadow, Lone Devil and 3 others like this.
  2. Royameadow

Royameadow Welcome to the modern existence. Member

A Tool~Assisted Speedrun of this will probably become in demand, at some point in Future~Time, I feel that it would be well worth the watch.
    That aside, this ROM hack is one of the reasons for as to why I kind of wished that the emulators had Vibration Support for controllers that use it, that would help me know whenever Sonic gets hit or collides with a wall in this; the only thing that helps me though is the Frame Counter in Gens Rerecording, it changes to Red whenever a level loads or restarts, but that sadly is all that I have to go on, the difficulty of this is brutal for newcomers.

Either way though, good work on this, I truly had a fun time going through at least the first act of Green Hill Zone, even though I won't lie about the fact that I had to jump around like a madman most of the time.
    I am curious though, might as well ask: Would there happen to be any chance that we will be viewing future installments for Helen Keller Edition for other titles in the series?

3. JoenickROS

JoenickROS ROS (bug fixing in progress) Member

Um hey Royameadow, do you know what day it is today??

4. Crimson Neo

Crimson Neo I changed a lot. Member

it's New Year. I've sleeped for a year?..!

5. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak Still hacking the 8-bit titles Member

10/10 will play again, best hack of 2016!

Devon and TheStoneBanana like this.
  6. TheStoneBanana

TheStoneBanana banana Member

Thank you all for your positive reception. I'm sure if Helen Keller was still alive, she'd still be disappointed.

I'll have to contact super godzilla once again to see if he's up to the challenge. It's going to require much more research than before to faithfully bring you the other Sonic games in Helen Keller Vision™.
    Thanks. I was thinking about putting it in the contest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.