Sonic The Hedgehog Rocket

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by AsuharaMoon, Nov 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AsuharaMoon

AsuharaMoon kakyoin did you lay this egg Member

Hi SSRG community! I'm new in the community, I was watching the forum for a long time but didn't want to enter in that moment. And well, I wanted to present what I did during the last five months, and they see the name on the title, a Sonic 1's simple hack called "Sonic Rocket".

Content:

Images (1.0 version):

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Video (1.0 version):
    LINK
    Credits:

*link removed by the author*

(It isn't big thing, but that are i can do in the moment)
    Advice, criticism, bugs notices, etc. are accepted.

Thanks for your attention, and see you later. :biggrin:

Edit: Added Robotnik's Ship credit.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2013
  2. RocketRobz

RocketRobz Coolest of TWL, and Sonic fan Member

Um, The Sonic 2 Level Select doesn't work on Regen.

Regen is a more accurate emulator.

The Level gameplay is good though.

And Sonic doesn't appear in the Sega Screen after a Game Over.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2013
  3. rika_chou

rika_chou Adopt Member

That peelout charge sprite, did you get permission to use it? 

Pretty good for a first hack, though there are some mismatched chuncks an some annoying object placement (eg: spring sending you directly to spikes).

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2013
  4. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

Isn't that from Sonic CD?

5. rika_chou

rika_chou Adopt Member

I don't think so, I think it's from cinossu's never stop running hack.

Edit: Also I just noticed that the art for Robotnik's ship is using art made for the old Sonic Retro/Sonic 4 fangame project. I think drawn by Phoebius.

Credit ≠ permission.

Edit No.2: I don't want to come off as sounding mean or accusing here, it's very good to see some new hacks that do have some obvious effort put into them. You just should make sure not to use any content that you didn't make without permission. 

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2013
  6. Misinko

Misinko Oh SHIT it's the Biolizard! Member

It is. In his credits on the SGD, he gave permission to Cinossu for the sprites. 

Never said it was, did I? I was just pointing out that he admitied to using Cinossu's sprites. 

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2013
  7. Crimson Neo

Crimson Neo I changed a lot. Member

Your hack is wonderful and she really fun to play despite some bugs, challenges and layouts are many decent in my opinion.
    the music is also very pleasant to my ears, and super peelout reminds me of Sonic after the sequel.

keep up the good work ashura

8. FFuser

FFuser a.k.a Darklight Member

A few questions:

What does version 1.1 fix/change from version 1.0? I just played through 1.0, but I can only comment on that and don't really want to play through 1.1 right away if it's more or less the same. Also if certain bugs have already been addressed in the later version then I don't really need to comment on that.

What's the song used on the Sublime Ocean act 3? I've heard it from another game, but I definitely can't remember the title.

Was there a change/adjustment in speed cap? I'm asking because I like the speed, but was a little apprehensive about getting stuck on the Gigapolis route (Star Light Zone) stages where you're given a lot more freedom to run and achieve a high speed. Luckily I never got stuck.

9. AsuharaMoon

First, thanks for the comments.

@Rika_Chou: Well thought giving credit would be ok, although I didn't note to give permission to Cinossu, sorry about that.

Oops, I forgot credit to Robotnik's Ship sprite creator, thanks for advise. For the next'll take in mind the details of the objects and Chunks, and I'll make sure of the uses of the contents of the other.

@Bobesh8: I always had the Gens / GS r7 and Kega Fusion, and it worked fine, although I never had proper account Regen, also my Computer is a bit old. And Sega Screen still needs some improvements. :U

@Kelvin: Thanks for the comment. c:

@FFuser: I think it was not necessary to put the 1.0, and the other has more improved things. And yes, the Speed ​​Cap was removed because the Dissambledy of Vladik had the option to disable it. :p

The Sublime Ocean 3 music it´s Sonic Advance 3 - Ocean Base 1.

10. Crimson Neo

Crimson Neo I changed a lot. Member

the new title screen music is from Megaman 8? I did not  like much of the green sky of ghz, I prefer the previous version flowed better in my opinion.

11. AsuharaMoon

I don't know what color will look to the sky, try several, and put the green at the moment, then we'll see.

And yes, the music it's from Megaman 8 - Frostman (by Daleksam)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2013
  12. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

Would be good if you actually made your own music and not used public sources. Yes, the music contests have binary files available and you can use them if you ask permission, but when more and more people use them like nineko's soniNeko pack it'll just get boring.

The hack looks a lot better than what new members have mostly been submitting anyway, I'll give you that.

13. FFuser

FFuser a.k.a Darklight Member

Took a break from being frustrated at trying to learn this music hacking shit to play version 1.1.

I like it for the most part. Decent layouts, some good speed sections and pretty challenging. A few criticisms/things to address though:

-Not a fan of traps or hazards that are way off-screen and usually lead into by a spring or path where it feels natural to spindash (typically right into a Robotnik monitor). I don't think it really adds to the overall challenge in a meaningful way and is more of a dirty trick than anything that just slows everything down.

-Also not a fan of bosses taking more than the default amount of hits in classic Sonic games. It's more than double that for most bosses in this game. That's excessive imo.

-I think the Sublime Ocean stages drag on for too long.

-Also, there's a glitch with the amount points you get if you take a long time to complete an act (I think if it's over 5 minutes). You get an insane amount of points and have to wait for like 10-15 seconds just for it to finish so you can move on to the next act.

-Sublime Ocean Act 2: there's an area with two 1up monitors right near each other and it's near a checkpoint. I'd generally advise against this as it's exploitable by anyone with time on their hands (collect two easy lives, die once... rinse... repeat).

There's a similar set up at the end of Outskirts Park Act 3 where there's an extra life and a plethora of ring monitors all in that same little area, making it pretty easy to collect two lives, die and then you're right back at the checkpoint ready to collect all that stuff again.

-Spikes that come through the ground are in front of the tiles instead of behind on Gigapolis Route act 1 near the beginning. Not sure if that's intentional considering most of your spikes are hidden behind walls and whatnot in other levels.

-In version 1.0, if you hit the final boss right after he starts to explode, he'll stop exploding and you either fight him endlessly until time over or just commit suicide. In version 1.1, he explodes after the first hit, so virtually no fighting at all. The Ending/credits sequence is glitched out too.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2013
  14. DanielHall

DanielHall Well-Known Member Member

Regen seems to crash during the results screen of the special stage. I will say that the level layouts that I've seen so far look nice.

15. DeoxysKyogre

DeoxysKyogre No idea what to put here .-. Member

I have been discussing with EK about this romhack and... Eduardo Knuckles has not given permission in any way this guy to use any of my layouts or any of the music that had been used in my now discontinued game. These were his words:

"No, I didn't gave permission for him to use my SMPS. I nor know who he is, or where he is from. When I give permission to people to use my stuff, I usually talk directly to the person so i give them my stuff directly by myself. I'm not sure how these music become to him, but even giving credit I don't want people to use my stuff without my previous concept. Take said."

It is certainly true that Eggland is cancelled now and there is no way to bring it back, however... This does not justify using content from other hacks you have not asked permission for.

I am not saying this because I am angry, no... In fact, I don't care much about that since I am not in the hacking scene anymore. Nevertheless, Eduardo Knuckles might as he is the new responsible of the project. Therefore, I would like the author to withdraw all the stolen content.

AusharaMoon, I know you did not intend to do this to harm anybody, and I do not want the staff to ban you either, but I would like you to at least mention me when using something I have done, or ask Eduardo Knuckles whether you are able to use something or not. Besides, if you want to ask something to me, there is no need to be shy, just ask for help. I may be able to give some guidance although I disappeared from this hacking scene.

Message to the staff: I beg you to provide him another chance of being in the forum. I am aware that he has taken content from my own hack without any permission, but as I had done that once and I changed, I presume that he will change as well. Everybody makes mistakes, take that into account.

16. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

This is just disappointing.

I liked this hack but to find out that most of the stuff was used without permission is just frustrating.

And saying that he shouldn't be banned when the rule states that anyone caught with it gets instantly banned, when he's demonstrated that he can work without the stolen content, then the ban will be removed.

17. StephenUK

StephenUK Working on a Quackshot disassembly Member

Unlocked topic and reinstated as Trialist. Issue has been resolved between the affected parties and this should serve as a warning to always check you have permission to use content. As I can see there was no malicious intent here, I have no problem allowing you to remain here.

18. Cinossu

Cinossu A blend of secret herbs and spices Member

Something I'd like to clear up here, as well; those sprites I use in Never Stop Running? They're just edited versions of the one in that Sonic Nike game found to have new sprites:

[​IMG]

All I did is make the eyes look less derpy, change the shoes and fix the colouring for Sonic 1 standards. I honestly don't care who uses it, especially as a peel-out charge. Hell, I use it for that purpose now myself, although mine has extended frames. :p Sonic After The Sequel uses them for the exact same purpose, too.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2013
  19. AsuharaMoon

Now fix the issue, so remove certain stolen content. But still I will not do present again link the hack until another update in a matter of not using unauthorized content.

Already, thanks for the second chance.

That explains it :O , then there is no problem in using these sprites.

Edit: Close the topic please, at any moment let you know if I open it again.

Edit 2.0 by nineko: ok

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.