Sparkling Zone went wrong aka Spring Yard Zone

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by Rydia3667, Aug 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rydia3667

Rydia3667 Guest

If you take the 1st Sonic 1 beta remake and split it with Hivebrain dis/asm, open it with SonED2 and the pallette is the same when I added the stars. Here is a pic. No stars at all and no background. Even when I hit "P" It shows no bg

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  2. Oerg866

Oerg866 Well-Known Member Member

FAIL for not saving the pallette I guess.

Or rather, making the stars have pallette entries which's SYZ equivalents are non-visible colors ala black

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2009
  3. Qjimbo

Qjimbo Well-Known Member Member

I'm speechless. Not only will disassembling a hack like that NOT work, because things have inevitably been shifted around, you are essentially getting very close to stealing other peoples work. I don't think there's anything wrong with poking around in other people's hacks to learn things, but you could make your intentions a lot clearer in future.

If you release a hack on here that has anything stolen from S1Beta Remake, you won't be staying around here.

4. Tongara

Tongara Well-Known Member Exiled

So far she's ripped off the marble zone ufo's and the rolling ball from that hack to name a few.

5. Qjimbo

Qjimbo Well-Known Member Member

Concepts are fine (albeit a bit unoriginal) but direct copy-paste jobs from another ROM hack without the author's permission are a big no-no.

6. beanDude

beanDude Well-Known Member Member

AAAAAAAHHH... Qjimbo beat me to it...

What I was about to say was that if you're going to use elements of an exisitng hack, especially that of a unique hack such as the particular one mentioned above, at the very least, obtain permission from the hack's creator(s). It goes a long way to use someone's work if they agree you can do so, but it would be an extremely good idea to also credit the person(s) in ... you guessed it ... THE HACK'S CREDITS!!!

You know, there's no real point of re-creating an existing hack, however, there IS a point in making it YOUR hack...

...Hopefully you know what I mean by this (for starters, this would be altering the level's design and object placement) ...

Just think about it: if your hack is too similar to the S1 Beta Remake, people may not take much interest in it.

Hopefully this post is somewhat influential on what your hack turns out to be...

**EDIT**

Early in my hacking experience, after "poking around" (as someone in this thread put it) in Nineko's hack of Sonic 1, I learned my lesson the semi-hard way about using other people's work: something in his hack almost majorly screwed up my entire work on my own hack when I tried to use it. Luckily, I was able to recover my work and resume the development of my hack, which so far, has only been touched by me. The farthest I've gone is to release a breif clip of YouTube footage today...

7. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

Why does this remind on Sonic 1: Project 255? I really wonder.

8. Rydia3667

Rydia3667 Guest

Mistergambit helped me with marble zone ufo's. I didn't like the rolling ball at all. Useless. All that I done is this

They're all pics. Now you tell me. I changed the green flowers to pink ( I looked at the ending color for the flowers). The Ufo's were not ripped at all. There was no intention to rip anything from the beta remake at all. Eggman blowing up isn't there at all.

Sonic_1.zip

Attached Files:

9. Oerg866

Oerg866 Well-Known Member Member

Yeah, because that was your hack with all that stuff from megamix etc.

10. Rydia3667

Rydia3667 Guest

Why dont anyone download the zip folder, if you still don't believe me, I will upload my hack. There is no spindash, ported rev01 effects. No ghz ball. No sparkles. I'll even include my dis for proof. The sonic 3 driver im still working on. So you are sayin I took tomething from megamix? I didn't even like megamix at all. Even with Mistergambit ghz ball. He replaced the invincibility moniter with the ball. I added some stuff to it from looking at the proto pics. Level Layout was not changed.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
  11. Animemaster

Animemaster Lets get to work! Member

You really hate her, don't you Oerg.

12. Rydia3667

Rydia3667 Guest

If your gonna go ahead and say I took stuff from the beta remake, download the Sonic 1 - 3K folder. It has my current build and asm

If I remember correctly, Tongara did help me with the level select and that. Which I did thank him for the help. He was gonna take over my hack.

This was used as an example

[​IMG]

This what I did when I tried to add the stars

[​IMG]

Now when I built it, the stars don't appear

Go ahead Oreg, play it.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  13. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

I'm pretty sure Oerg said it to me. ;P

14. Rydia3667

Rydia3667 Guest

fuck you oreg, if you think I ripped stuff from the remake , why don't you play it. why dont you look at the dis/asm?

15. beanDude

beanDude Well-Known Member Member

I've really got to agree that Oerg is trying to start something ; if nothing else, he has something against you for only small half-reasons...

...My proof is a specific thread (under the "Administration" category) that he started, this thread having the intention of getting you banned...

...Luckily Qjimbo didn't buy into his crap...

A similar thing happened to me on a certain forum when some faggot decided that he "hated" me for no reason, and would post illiterate, retarded insults to me on pretty much every thread I started...

16. Rydia3667

Rydia3667 Guest

This thread here Rydia3667

Now why would he say this

I even posted my latest build with my split & text. Which proves nothing was ripped at all. I think he and Tongara didn't like it. Mistergambit did help me with the ufo's and the deformation. If I were to rip the ufos, I would have a missing torch animation. Correct me if im wrong. Since he put the ufo tiles in the other tile for mz, it kept both the ufo and torch. Which I did thank him for the ufos. The Green Hill Zone Ball, I actually didn't put it in at all. This is to get my current work and maybe steal the ufo. Thats what I think. If I want to add stuff from the beta remake. I would ask if I can add the unused stuff, then add the person's name at the credits. Like you said, there is no point of recreating a hack. I did look at the prot screen shots and placed the objects in the wrong place, for the Green Hill Zone flowers, I looked at the ending color for the flowers, same for the sky daytime to night time. I even added search lights to make spring yard zone more completed, since there were some missing.

Im porting Sonic 1 Zones to Sonic 2 to save me time with porting Sonic 2 levels and the rolling ball. I had change of plans. To the beta version of Sonic 2. Only version with the functional ball. I had no intention of taking the rolling ball from the beta remake. I said enough.

Nice try Tongara

Even if some people still don't believe me, I will post the pm and remove the code and the downloads. Im not posting someone else's code without permission and their download for the mz ufos.

17. Tongara

Yeah, I got my facts wrong. Sorry about that. But you ARE being unoriginal. Apart from that, ignore Oerg866, he's just trying (badly) to get you banned.

18. Rydia3667

Rydia3667 Guest

Sorry about that Tongara. Come on Oreg866 don't you want to play my hack? Sometimes when i'm half asleep, I type weird.

Reminds me, I add you Tongara & Mistergambit in the Sonic 2 Beta credits.

This goes out to everyone, please ask the person who created the hack if you want something out of it.

19. Tongara

*Farts*

20. Rydia3667

Rydia3667 Guest

Oh god I need air. :eek: Here something to make you laugh :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.