Testing on Real Hardware

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by Dark Lips, Aug 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Lips

Dark Lips Well-Known Member Member

Ok guys I have recently dug out my megadrive and tototek flash cart its the Pro32 version as I needed to try Sonic 1 Redeption on real hardware. So I am offering the service of testing on real hardware. I will do this only on the understanding that once testing is complete the rom will be deleted/destroyed so as not to leak it or any code from within it. I will make a small movie of the game being tried on the console and a email complete with any problems or bugs found when playing on real hardware. If you want to take advantave of this service PM me or post here. I would like to ask that if there are any roms that wont run on real hardware discovered we could brainstorm ideas and disscuss possible soloutions here.

2. amphobius

amphobius spreader of the pink text Member

I'm pretty sure TmEE can help you out. :)

3. Dark Lips

So nobody wants to see there hack on a real console? also if TMEE is see's this I would love your take on fixing broken roms to work on hardware.

4. Animemaster

Animemaster Lets get to work! Member

When my hack is released you can test it on real hardware if you like.

5. Oerg866

Oerg866 Well-Known Member Member

Thank god I don't have to rely on testing service. I'm on my second tototek64 myself =P

6. Qjimbo

Qjimbo Well-Known Member Member

Yeah I was going to say, most serious hack devs have either their own ways of testing on hardware or someone to test it already. Non-serious devs are usually happy just with emulators.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2009
  7. Dark Lips

I love being able to try stuff on real hardware... it just dosnt feel the same on emulators... i miss the feel of the joypad.

8. TmEE

TmEE Mélodie is powerful ! Member

Typical problems regarding ROMs not working on real HW is that they do Address Error (which only regen emulates for now) or they read/write to some specific memory area, or when they have some ASM work done, they might do some illegal operation on VDP. There are lot of possibilities and only fixes come from modifying the source of the hack.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.