(The Better) Sonic 1: Burned Edition

Discussion in 'Showroom Archive' started by Painto, Oct 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Painto

Painto Arthurus Paintus Erinaceus Member

[​IMG]"Because Burned Hill wasn't enough...."So that's it! Burned Edition returns and it's now more than just a minihack created in 3 days :p It was initally never meant to be continued (by me at least), but after seeing that people like it and wait for new releases, I decided to return to it. After 3 months, Team Painto is honored to present to you the result of the work on the hack. As usual, it's a typical Sonic 1 hack, but IT'S ON FIRE!!1!

Story:

The Story is explained in the intro sequence, which was inspired by Sonic 3D Blast and was the first thing made for this version. As it's told in game, I won't write it again here. Also, nobody cares about the story, but it was made to stop dumb comments like "zomg, dis hapens if u fre iblis".

Features:

Main features of the hack are:

• Fire - everything is covered in fire, so it's the most important feature
    • New layouts for levels (7) - Burned Hill Zone, Roasted Marble Zone and Flame Yard Zone Act 1
    • New minibosses and bosses (custom) - Minibosses are called MegaBadniks and take mostly 8 hits. Zone Boss is Eggman with Eggmobile surrounded by fire orbs, which protect him from being damaged by Sonic.
    • New music - all the custom ports and remixes were made by LuigiXHero.
    • Flames
    • Sound Test menu - accessible by pressing A + Start on title. Basically the same thing as Sound Test in Painto Edition 2 (3.0)
    • New Moves - Sonic CD-styled Spin Dash and Super Peel Out.
    • Special Stages - in opposite to most of S1 hacks, we did something more original. By this I mean porting the stage from 8-bit version :> There are 4 stages.
    • Burning Palmtrees
    • other things - you'll discover them during gameplay.

Screenshot time!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Videos:

Credits:

Team Painto Staff:

• Painto maniak (me, lulz) - project leader, programming, level layouts, menu graphics, additional graphics
    • LuigiXHero - music ports, additional programming, additional graphics
    • AsuharaMoon - boss enemy art, additional graphics
    • NeoFusionBox - betatesting, gameplay and boss ideas.
    • Abyssal Leopard - betatesting, additional layout fixes
    Others:

• Hcktrox - betatesting
    • various tutorials on SSRG and Sonic Retro
    Now the best part:

DOWNLOAD:

The thing you all waited for: the download link. Fixed SHC version

That's all from me. I hope you like what you see and like it even more when play. Feel free to write your current thoughts then later, write about the thing you played.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  2. ProjectFM

ProjectFM Optimistic and self-dependent Member

Looks great! I'm excited. Also, you should update your signature because the progress shown conflicts with what you have ready.

3. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

It looks pretty decent.  Please say your hack works with Regen/Kega this time =P.  I'll make sure to check this one out.

4. ArcaniaCQ

ArcaniaCQ Well-Known Member Member

I cannot wait to play this. This hack may be one of the best ones I have seen from screenshots.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2015
  5. Painto

Great, as always I've broke something. After almost a week, I noticed that I've sent a broken version to the contest, so it breaks in RMZ1 at certain point. after destroying a Caterkiller. Hopefully, after few minutes I found the problem. Sadly, noticed it a week too late and now I can't do anything with it contest-wise. The only thing I can do is providing a fixed link to the hack shortly before Contest Week starts after Contest Week ends so nobody other will play the broken version. So, if you want to play fully the hack, don't download it from the entry when gets public. I'm really sorry for this problem.

EDIT: Explained under RHS' post.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2015
  6. redhotsonic

Er, unfortunately, people will be voting on the fixed version then rather than the official contest version.  I don't know the rules of the contest, but if I were you, I'd release the fixed version AFTER the contest is over, rather than getting the risk of "disqualification".  I'd ask someone like Cinossu or Spanner first.

7. Painto

Yeah, I'll probably do that after the contest, as I found that the bug happens only when you destroy a Caterkiller (ik, weird). So, I hope that everyone likes Caterkillers and won't destroy them :p

8. Jaypin

Jaypin Leader Of The Sapphire Squad Member

Seems like most Sonic 1 Hacks are featuring Sonic 3 Mini Boss ideas, well I'm not 100% sure it's true or not, but because I saw the 2 mini Bosses or Bosses in the Video You Displayed, It'll Be one Heck of an Adventure! I wonder what the Rest of the Zones may look like in the Future Update.

9. redhotsonic

Let's Try this game then:

Link

10. Painto

Just an information, that, if you still didn't seen it, there's a fixed version avaiable here. Thanks to all of you for your feedback and I wait for more opinions about the hack. I hope that others also liked what they've played. Now we return to work...

11. Clownacy

Clownacy Retired Staff lolololo Member

So, can the main post be updated so I don't have to read through the entire thread to find a up-to-date download link?

12. Painto

@Clownacy: Done. Sorry for the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.