The hack of shame

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by AURORA☆FIELDS, Jun 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AURORA☆FIELDS

AURORA☆FIELDS so uh yes Exiled

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2012
  2. SuperEgg

SuperEgg I'm a guy that knows that you know that I know Member

THE BEST GOD DAMN STATE OF TEXAS
    Sigh, seeing the names you've received help from isn't very good. All these folks are from that one bad code stealing sharing website. Not to mention, that Special Stage works WAY to similar to Selbi's. If there is any stolen content in this hack, I suggest see your way out now, because it will not end well. The Art seems original, which is good. The music for the level select sounds like it came from Eraser.

As I said, this hack looks like it's been done legitly, but if you've gotten code from two of those names, you're probably screwing yourself. Just letting you know.

BTW, you're art looks....interesting. Though, I would replace the over world, that art is atrocious.

3. AURORA☆FIELDS

It's way to similiar to Selbi's, cause Selbi's special stage is so cool. But not any stealed code in hack. Got all from eighter cool spot's code stealing website (doublejump and found link to speelout) Normal guides or officially shared source's, But still most asm is by me. Unfortunately lost my source, so cant do anything to it anymore. I know ow art sucks. since I was So done with it back then, wanted to just finish it.

4. Kensou

Kensou Well-Known Member Member

what a great hack! Incredible! You should call it "Stole Content". You have no idea of nothing, and even you are giving credits to the people that stole even more content and not the real creators of the code. People like you, Karate Kat and those people just destroy the community with your lies. I think there is no place here for this kind of users.

And for the people who really make good hacks, please, take care of who trust. Some "stolers people" even have the Markey The Jester hack. I hate this kind of people that don't respect the work of others.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2012
  5. Crash

Crash Well-Known Member Member

I've only played a minute but I've already noticed stolen music. I'm pretty sure there is no homing attack code publicly available that isn't stolen (the tutorial floating about on less reputabale hacking sites is apparently based on stolen code).

Look, you might not be personally responsible for ripping the content from other hacks but the people you've sourced it all from are, and you'd be better off just deleting it.

Edit: your posts are also upsetting my antivirus, it's popping up messages about blocking an image from sonicasm.co.cc

6. AURORA☆FIELDS

I know only there is few stolen songs. Nothing else. Or if you think emulating great things are stealing, then put me to jail.

The guide for floating was made by me without using any guide at all. If you did not read, I lost source, can't do nothing. I was going to put my own music, or someone elses donated music to my hack after I learn about smps, but too late now. Period.

7. Dark Lips

Dark Lips Well-Known Member Member

Well I had myself a little rest from the sonic hacking comunity becasue I could see it becoming flooded with new "hackers" that push out the same crap, lazy tripe and the first thing I see when I return is this... your art dosnt fit well and you asm edits seem stolen - my advice is to start over, take your time, and try not to rely on code from such notorius sources.

8. DanielHall

DanielHall Well-Known Member Member

The guy's a well known code "thief". He took Sonic Megamix and made it his 'open source' project, so you're most likely using stolen code. Just thought you'd like to know, Green Snake. A lot of people on this site aren't particularly fond of people having stolen code on their games.

At least, I assume that's where you got the code from.

I should also note that I can't play the game, as it crashes when I press start or wait for the demo.

9. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

Wow, and we gave you a fucking second chance. Way to blow it.

10. AURORA☆FIELDS

Ehh, sorry. I will remove this right away.

I don't know solution your problem dandaman. Works fine with fusion and gens.

11. Mike B Berry

Mike B Berry A grandiose return Member

There is a difference here. I have to be honest with the community, I do gather my information from many different websites. Though I use them constantly, I always state that The code lines found were not stolen. Just the other day I imported a new sound river into my hack. I thank you once again Markey Jester for allowing this the "truthful" members of the community an installment of your knowledge. But you, If you gather information, study the damn things and learn how to create your own lines.

I am one of those people who know nothing about ASM, and I have made so many bug fixes, that is because I gather information, dissect it, and use the most important function and credit the original person who made the guide. Not to be acting like a moderator or administrator, but this information that is stolen is likely going to get you banished from here. I'd at least stop here and quickly adjust to something that is easier for you to work with; instead of ripping off others.

Fuck man, I got myself chewed out at Sonic retro for use one Megamix sprite. But I learned to ask permission before using, and when I do, I put their names in the credits list. And if I don't have the room in the credits, I send separate files out with my archives. You could learn a lot from each of us who has posted on your post. So before I myself, become a solemn face of disparity, I leave you to work alone with this hack.

12. Sonic master

Sonic master Well-Known Member Member

I don't understand why do people try to copy megamix it is not cool do something that has already been done before but what is realy cool is to have something that only your howebrew or hack has something unique that people can remember your hack by just with one of those feature yes alot of people remember megamix with homing attack and ring dash but the problem is that other people wanted to do the same thing and it made it into an overused feature. So the best idea is not to be just a clone of another hack but to make something new and fun to play. I played the first level and honestly did not enjoy playing this one bit I felt like I was playing a version of megamix that has been flushed down the toilet and retrieved at the waste water treatment plant: same item but mixed with shit. Now I ask do you like having that somebody else's work but mixed with shit I know I wouldn't.

13. FinkMac

FinkMac Swëdish Chef Member

Walk down the street. You will see a car. Tell the
    Oh, look… It's green snake…

Looks like you upgraded your pallet hack with stolen content? Nice…

I gave you some criticism… Doesn't look like you listened to it…

14. OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha RIGHT! Naebody move! Root Admin

So, that e-mail stating how you've learned from your mistakes and deserve a second chance has turned out to be nothing but lies and deceit. Looks like someone's gonna be getting fucked back into IP banned Exile once again.

15. Mike B Berry

Mike B Berry A grandiose return Member

Out of all honesty Green Snake; how many codes were ripped off of others?

16. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

We're done here. It's ridiculous that the staff gave you a second chance yet you still thought it was okay to distribute a ROM with music that clearly didn't belong to you as well as using code from OuricoDoido, who is nothing but a thief.

Oh and if you end up getting banned again, don't think pleading to the Facebook page will get you anything. You had a chance and you blew it.

17. OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha RIGHT! Naebody move! Root Admin

Thanks to Soti I had the opportunity to play this shite. And I didn't play for long. That's how fucking bad it is. Even with all the knocked off code, you still managed to make a complete and utter fucking mess. This is the sort of work you should be embarassed by and want to keep from public viewing.

18. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

I've moved this out of the trash, I want EVERYONE (including guests) to see this, I want people to play it, and I want them all to come in, sign up, and post below their opinions of your hack.

I am tired of lying, so I am going to tell you the truth.

• Ristar music is probably not a good choice for a SEGA screen on a Sonic game

• The SEGA screen now looks aweful, you made it worse, not better

• Your message screens are clich

19. Dark Lips

Dark Lips Well-Known Member Member

well thank god for that - I thaught maybe my expections of sonic hacks were too high but nope even Markey sees that this is just over all tripe and doggie doo doo !!! I am not against new people learning I am still learning and had a lot of help of some good freinds on here over the years but the differance is I dont bodge summat together in a few hours and slap it all over the comunity !!!

20. FinkMac

FinkMac Swëdish Chef Member

Walk down the street. You will see a car. Tell the
    It looks/feels/plays like a crappy version of Erazor… Worse than it looked… Too much stuff going on…

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.