The new Sonic 1 Special Version

Discussion in 'Showroom Archive' started by EditChris, Sep 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EditChris

EditChris STH:DB - Someday... Member

Hi to everyone. Sure that you remember my hack Sonic 1 Special Version. Or not? Well, the hack was have too many bad things: The design, the music, the colours, etc... and when I was posted the game, I forgot give credits =P...

But in this occasion, the game is fixed, and my brain too. So, here is the fixed Sonic 1 Special Version.

Fixs:

1. After Image deleted.
    2. Chrono attack deleted.
    3. Colours fixed.
    4. Level design edited.
    5. Music edited.
    6. Spindash charge and crashes fixed.
    7. Speed cap fixed.
    And much more.

Images here and here.

Download NOT here. (Go to this post to download the latest available version!)

And now, I give credits to:

Beta testers: SonicVaan, EpicElijahSpeedy

Music helper and the future Sega CD porter: Bobesh8

Music: The SSRG page and the people of SMPS Music Competition

Special Thanks:

Vladikcomper: Mega PCM sound driver, Boot and Sega screen.

So much people of Sonic Retro, SSRG and Sonic Game Dimension for his tutorials and codes.

If someone see any help, I will try to correct in the next release.

And now, I hope that you enjoy playing.

2014 EDIT: New link.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2014
  2. nineko

nineko I am the Holy Cat Member

I didn't play all the levels, but here's what I found in a very few minutes of gameplay.

[​IMG]

This shouldn't happen.

[​IMG][​IMG]

With the double jump it's easily possible to go above the top of the screen in many places. This can lead to gigantic shortcuts.

[​IMG]

It's a bad idea to allow the player to die after he completed a level.

[​IMG]

What is that ledge doing there?

Also: the double jump is too powerful underwater; some enemies respawn after you killed them; some monitors are already broken even if you didn't break them.

There are probably more bugs but I don't feel like playing this anymore.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2013
  3. JoenickROS

JoenickROS ROS (bug fixing in progress) Member

I got stuck here.

[​IMG]

and here

[​IMG]

The second one, because of your decision to have taking the wrong paths kill you in SBZ act 3, get rid of them they are dick moves.

There are not many of them though which is good, but you don't want to have any. SLZ for example has way to many, its stop and go from hitting bomb after bomb, which is annoying, You don't want any badniks to be in areas where Sonic can gain a lot of speed.

One thing I don't like about some of your layout choices is that some paths lead to dead ends, you don't want to do that. I have made mistakes just like you, and a good way to learn what to, and what not to do, is to listen to others constructive criticism and not ignore them, which is some things newbies tend to do. Everyone here knows examples of members who have done this in the past. Don't be that person. So far your on the right track though with that so keep it up.

Edit: Its better than your last version.

Edit2: Nineko, I totally forgot about the double jump, and I have no idea how you got on that ledge in SBZ  lol

Edit3: Also Chris who did that S3K boss remix, its real nice?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2013
  4. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak Still hacking the 8-bit titles Member

So I have to ask, do you know who composed track $1B? Because I absolutely love it and it reminds me of the Teen Titans theme song a bit. I've played the hack a bit, but comparing it to the other release it doesn't look too much different aside from a few things here and there. :V I also didn't really notice any glitches but in Star Light Zone I couldn't destroy some monitors that are on slopes while rolling or spindashing so you might want to fix that.

5. nineko

nineko I am the Holy Cat Member

Cinossu.
    I did. It's "Sector α/ß" from F-Zero X. I'm glad that you like it :)
    You can download it from here if you want. Actually, many songs from that pack have been included in this hack.

6. JoenickROS

JoenickROS ROS (bug fixing in progress) Member

I figured as much, and Cinossu with your permission, could I use this in my hack in the future. Once I code an improved EggRobo to load after Sonic defeats the first one this remix would fit nicely, don't have the skills to do that at the moment though. lol

7. EditChris

The game have too many errors yet, but I have a answer to all:

The SYZ2 spike: (Fixed)
    The SBZ3 paths: (Fixed)

MZ Block: (Fixed)

Ways to shortcuts: (Fixed)

SBZ2 ledge and flames of signpost: (Fixed)

SLZ monitors: (Fixed)

Yes, the game have errors, and I need to correct all to make the game playable and enjoyable. And it is a hard work to me. But I only want to make the game "special" how your name says, but I try and I try and I can't get it. But I don't care about this, because I know that the game will be fun... Or not...

Edit: Things that I edited.

Edit 2: The errors of this version has been fixed.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2013
  8. SuperEgg

SuperEgg I'm a guy that knows that you know that I know Member

THE BEST GOD DAMN STATE OF TEXAS
    ...You should care, because what you make reflects you. If something is broken, and you decide to not fix it, because of the "I don't care" attitude, your hack will never go anywhere because it shows your incompetence or your lack of caring. You best change that attitude if you wish for you and your hack to go anywhere.

Next note, I've been noticing this, stop fixing shit because people have to tell you. As the hacker, you should ALSO be active in looking for shit wrong with your hack. It shows quality, and probably would solve all these shitty issues you have. For example, your layouts are barely decent. Not shitty, congrats, but nowhere near "good". Stop acting like this hack is near complete and people are play testing it to fix minor nitpicks. This pile of feces needs to be really looked at by you and I want you to ACTUALLY play it. As in, you test it for a few hours to see if YOU like it. Cause guess what? If you don't like it yourself, don't expect others to like it.

Also, English may not be your native tongue, but please a bit more effort into your posts. I hate gettin headaches trying to read your shit.

9. EditChris

...In really I care about the progress of the game, and yes, the English is not my native tongue, is the Spanish. And please, do not insult me, I try all that I can =(

10. SuperEgg

SuperEgg I'm a guy that knows that you know that I know Member

THE BEST GOD DAMN STATE OF TEXAS
    I didn't insult you, I was relinquishing my thoughts. Not everything negative is an insult.

11. ScoutCDTen

ScoutCDTen Newcomer Trialist

Marble Zone Act 3 is identical to this

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2013
  12. EditChris

Yes, Is true, I play the 2 songs in the same time and are similar...

13. Skye

Skye Newcomer Trialist

Absolutely LOVE the music you have in this game. Cinossu's remix is just amazing.

14. EditChris

In the new version, 5.0, the game will have too many fixs and changes of music.

For now, Labyrinth Zone is the best zone talking about his music. Is Sonic 3 Styled

15. Crimson Neo

Crimson Neo I changed a lot. Member

that good, I really liked the hack until I liked the layouts etc ... the poblem  is are a bit confusing, an Example: is marble zone has a certain point that you enter the most secret path not where I should go, I become very confused as to where I should go after so long I. I found the right path, the path must fiquar a little clearer.

but anyway, this hack is good and fun to play.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2014
  16. EditChris

MZ2 secret path fixed.

17. EditChris

- SONIC THE HEDGEHOG SPECIAL VERSION: 5th release -
     ​
    *Sorry for the double post =P

Greetings, good people of SSRG, I'm glad to introduce you the new version of this hack.

These are the new features (With credits):

* If someone isn't in this list, please reply saying it and I will add it into credits.

Super Peel Out - Up, Jump Button. (Like always)   -/-   Homing Attack - Jump, and in the air, A or B. (The normal Jump Dash is in C).

(There's not the download) Go here.

WARNING: When you see some content in the hack, maybe you think that is stolen, but it isn't. All is used correctly. But if we have troubles with this, I will change this content by another without problem.

Enjoy Playing.

EDIT: Grammar.

2014 EDIT: New link.

18. M.N.K.

M.N.K. In the River of Darkness... Member

I will Say that you improved alot on the layouts, though some of the music choices to me don't really go together. Overall it looks good.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2013
  19. EditChris

-  SONIC THE HEDGEHOG: SPECIAL VERSION - 5.5 RELEASE  -
     ​
    Yes, 5.5 release. Weird but true.

The previous release, the Level Select Menu, had a line called: "Coming Soon" as some of you saw. Ok, is time to meet which function has this line.

Before: Reseting Game...

NOW: Original Mode

Yes, the Sonic 1 Original Mode has been added to the ROM succesfully. It has been a bit modifiqued to look much good.

Also, the Water Skimming has been added into Sonic 1 Special Version.

BUT, this isn't the two single changes in the game. If you play Sonic 1 Special Version's GHZ, you could see another changes.

Credits for this build:

vladikcomper: Lock-on code's owner, and Water Skimming code's owner.

Bobesh8 and Me: Programmers of Original Mode.

WARNING: I'm going to repeat again that the stuff added in my hack in previous and this version aren't stolen content. I repeat this to don't have troubles.

Download: Here (UPDATED 11/13/2014) Now you can download it again!

Enjoy this new build!

Edit: Grammar (Like always)

2014 EDIT: Link updated.

20. EditChris

Hi, I'm here to talk about a new change.

Because the circumstances can't let me continue, and because my private life and more stuff is now a bit awful, I will need to put Sonic 1 Special Version on hiatus. Also, is possible that the game become cancelled.

Thanks a lot to all people here and in SGD for your help in the proyect, for play it, and for said me about dick moves of previous versions.

This is all I need to say. Sorry for disturb.

Also, sorry for the double message posted in this topic. And, for the stuff people and administrators, please don't trash this topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.