Why am I getting rickrolled?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback Archive' started by Briraka, Nov 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Briraka

Briraka Newcomer Trialist

Back in June/July, I was trying to sign up here, but my email was labeled as spam. Then I got an email for registration later, followed that and I still could't get in. Then I tried today to see if anything has changed. I can log in now, but I randomly keep getting redirected to the song.

So, can anyone fix this please? I really want to be a member here.

2. OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha RIGHT! Naebody move! Root Admin

Stop using proxies and ISPs that condone spammers. Simple.

3. Briraka

Okay, what are those things and how do I fix them?

4. OrdosAlpha

Google is your friend.

5. Briraka

I figured it out now. I just had to set Firefox to no proxies. Some times the solution is so obvious it's painful, haha. :lol:

6. Sonic master

Sonic master Well-Known Member Member

I would like to point out that if there is a proxy set up and you don't remember setting up your web browser to use a proxy it means you have a bad virus. I would recommend running a full malaware bytes scan (just download the free version) and see what that turns up. Or better yet try linux instead of windows.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2012
  7. Briraka

It's all right, the optimizer I used to set up my internet connection had a readme with it saying it had set up a proxy. So no viruses here. ^_^

And I'd better get back to working on my project anyways. :lol:

8. Mike B Berry

Mike B Berry A grandiose return Member

hmm.... I've never heard of SSRG having viruses, but I have experienced total website failure twice last summer. And judging by the way you seemed to figure out your issues, I can't help but think that this topic is of no use anymore. I'm not trying to backseat mod, I'm trying to give an honest opinion.

9. Irixion

Irixion Well-Known Member Member

Sorry to bump, but it appears some ISPs redirect the site to a YouTube rick roll. Happened when I was staying at a motel not too long ago, and clearly I can access the site from my home connection

10. OrdosAlpha

I have an anti-spam mod running on the site that checks the IPs of new registrants against several spam databases. And if the IP is listed in any of these databases then it's fucked onto a re-direct list that just so happens to send you to an awesome Rick Astley vid on YouTube. Oh, and the IPs of those who can't take the hint when Exiled also get treated to that amazing Rick Astley vid.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2013
  11. XtremerSadiqX

XtremerSadiqX Burning Way Past Cool Member

You have no idea how pissed i got when i was trying to look for a hack, and got Rickrolled  :angry:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.