WTF Is Wrong With Tails!?

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by LXG, Aug 3, 2015.

1. LXG

LXG Newcomer Trialist

Alright so I loaded up my hacked ROM and tried playing as Tails. I got to that section where you spin upwards, but Tails didn't go up. He was stuck on the first sprite for rotation and clipped THROUGH the wall. I honestly don't know what I did to make this happen. I tested this on a mobile emulator and my PC and they both do it. Is there like some sort of way to fix it? :-/

Screenshot_2015-08-03-15-24-10.png

2. Niko

Niko All's well that ends well, right? Member

If you need to fix it, look into the collision using SonLVL.

If it's just a personal hack
    (I don't see anything changed here, but I watched over that Sonic mod of yours, and I really get the suspicion I know you on YouTube. Well, your videos.)

You could just go over it by flying with Tails, flying upwards to the exit at the top right of the tree. 

EDIT: I'm pretty sure the spinning event is triggered by an object, so make sure that you didn't delete or modify it.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2015
  3. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

Someone pointed out on retro that there is a bug with the Git disassembly of Sonic 3 Complete. And this was the exact bug (Tails only). My guess is you're using the Git disassembly?

Clownacy has fixed it since yesterday afternoon.

P.S, can you post little things like this in the basic questions thread rather than making a new topic? Cheers.

4. Clownacy

Clownacy Retired Staff lolololo Member

Does the post have to be that vague? I didn't even know what game you were talking about until I recognised that one bug I caused. Anyway, it seems the bug was caused by the location of some S3 data in Sonic3_Complete. I don't know how that caused it. Maybe there's some hardcoded address still in there.

EDIT: Or... YouTube can just not load.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2015
  5. LXG

LXG Newcomer Trialist

OK well I guess I fixed it. I redownloaded the GitHub disassembly and then moved all of the files that I edited in my old disassembly onto the new disassembly and it fixed itself somehow. Also, yeah I have been using the GitHub one and if you see that video of my mod by BlueParadox, that's not me, he just decided to play it when I put it up for download.