A new 68k assembler.

Discussion in 'Utilities' started by MarkeyJester, Oct 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

So I've been working on this for quite some months now, a replacement assembler for the asm68k.

http://mrjester.hapisan.com/01_Public/JASM68.exe

The arguements are pretty much identical to asm68k, though give me a few days and I'll have the manual ready.  I'll need someone to test this on a few fresh disassemblies, I've only tested it on Sonic 1's old hivebrain.

2. AURORA☆FIELDS

AURORA☆FIELDS so uh yes Exiled

*beats ASM68K with a broom*

Other than that I am glad we FINALLY have assembler that isnt either shit, or buggy crap.. Or at least have a chance to. Will the source be public, perhaps, so we can edit it to our likings or fix issues? It would be amazing to have so, afterall with my case I do a lot of custom things, and would love to extend functionality Other than that, waiting to be able to try it out!

3. Devon

Devon I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me? Member

This is the best assembler ever! Everyone should use it!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2015
  4. pixelcat

pixelcat The Holy Cat Jr. Member

that's a joke, right?

5. Crash

Crash Well-Known Member Member

So what was the deal with this? I heard a bit of hype up until its release, then heard nothing since. I tried to use it, but it didn't work with the same command line parameters as asm68k, and there's no /help like function from the command prompt or anything similar, and the manual that was promised in the OP never eventuated.

6. Devon

Devon I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me? Member

It's not an assembler, it's a joke.

7. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

Well it's been nearly half a year, I'm surprised people still thought it was serious.

If you run the assembler, or pass anything to it. It doesn't assemble anything, it just displays the words "Blackjack and hookers..." as a reference to Bender from futurama, who gets annoyed with the rules to something, and decides to make his OWN, along with blackjack and hookers, then decides to forget the thing and just keep the blackjack and hookers.

Everyone complains about assemblers for various pathetic reasons, so I decided to make my OWN assembler, with blackjack, and hookers, in fact, forget the whole assembler part!!

8. pixelcat

pixelcat The Holy Cat Jr. Member

why. That's cruel. I spent half a day trying to figure out why it said blackjack and hookers!

9. LazloPsylus

LazloPsylus The Railgun Member

Academy City
    Alright, fun's over. Time to nip the bud...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.