Automatic logging out

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback Archive' started by shobiz, Apr 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shobiz

shobiz Well-Known Member Member

For some insane reason, every third or fourth time I visit here I'm automatically logged out, though I've told IPB to keep me logged in. Is anyone else experiencing this too or is it a fault at my end?

EDIT: Happened again right now, 11:28 PM PST (1828 GMT). Seems odd, since I always stay logged in at Retro.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2008
  2. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

Sephiroth said he was having a similar problem. I haven't experienced anything yet.

3. Sephiroth

Sephiroth WHY SO CURIOUS?!? Member

Yeah, it happens every time I close my browser, I have to log in again.

4. Qjimbo

Qjimbo Well-Known Member Member

Yeah I recently requested Ordos to change the cookie domain to simply .sonicresearch.org in order for me to work on site-forum integration. Clearing your old forum.sonicresearch.org cookies should fix this.

5. Sephiroth

Sephiroth WHY SO CURIOUS?!? Member

I trd the Delete cookies set by this board button at the bottom of the main page, if that's what you mean. Otherwise, I'm clueless.

6. Qjimbo

Qjimbo Well-Known Member Member

No, that will only delete the .sonicresearch.org cookies. If you use Firefox, you have to go Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> Show Cookies then find the forums.sonicresearch.org cookies and delete them.

7. OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha RIGHT! Naebody move! Root Admin

Doing what Jim suggests will correct the cookie problems you're experiencing.

If you still have cookie problems, then manually log out of your account, and then remove all 'sonicresearch.org' cookies from your browser cache. That way, you'll create a fresh cookie the next time you log into the forums.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.