EASY QUESTION - Level Boundary Removal

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by beanDude, Aug 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beanDude

beanDude Well-Known Member Member

This is an extremely easy question, however, I am awful at editing HEX due to the fact that all of the times I've been pointed in that direction, I've absorbed absolutely no knowledge regarding the detail behind it all. From most tutorials online, you can easily find an adress in HEX... and then what??? With those adresses/numbers I can produce nothing if I don't get taught through an easy task...

This, I can tell, is an easy task.

All I would like to do at the moment is to remove all of the level boundaries for the Green Hill Zone. At the moment, this is all I wish, and I know that the file I need to edit is a "level size" .bin file.

Can someone enlighten me on what to do upon opening the file in a HEX editor?

**EDIT**

To be more exact, I care about the vertical scrolling that does not occur as of now. The horizontal boundaries are not in need of change...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2009
  2. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

If you know the address for the vertical lines, go to that address. Then like you said, you see numbers and letters. These letters represent how far you can go vertically. So, in debug, if you go as far as you can vertically then look at the dubug numbers in the score bit, they should match.

So, find a new place you want the vertical to end, copy them numbers from the score and then add it to that adress.

3. Animemaster

Animemaster Lets get to work! Member

Is the special stage size in lvl_size.bin? I'm trying to find syz act 1 location and change the horizontal size but ended up editing slz instead.

4. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

The special stage is not having any size. And since lvl means level I'm pretty sure it's not in there, even if it exists.

5. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

I should convert this to an asm table some time...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.