[For SonLVL] Updated Hivebrain 2005 Disassembly Definition Files

Discussion in 'Utilities' started by SMS Alfredo, Sep 7, 2018.

1. SMS Alfredo

SMS Alfredo Compact Disc Enthusiast Member

EDIT: Samey went ahead and made definition files that are compatable with the newest version of SonLVL, making this a bit redundant. So, just scroll down to her reply to grab it.

ORIGINAL POST:
    So, when making my ROM hack, I decided to be lazy :confused: when getting the MegaPCM engine in Sonic 1, and I simply downloaded the disassembly with it already installed. This resulted me in having the Hivebrain 2005 Disassembly instead of the Git Hub one.

Now that was fine, I could work with that. But what I couldn't work with was the unfinished definition files for SonLVL. So I decided that, using the Git Hub definitions, I'd update the 2005 definitions to allow me to continue work on my hack without having to use SonEd2.

Installation is simple. just drag the Sonic 1 2005 INIs folder out of the similarly named Sonic 1 2005 INIs ZIP file into the root of your disassembly.

However, there is one drawback, it doesn't work with newer versions of SonLVL.
    So, I've included a ZIP file containing an older version of SonLVL to make it easier to jump right in and start hacking.

As a bonus, Sonic's underwater palettes in LZ and SZ3 now save properly so you don't have to go manually editing it every time.

---------------
    Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ceu1K7mAimbnpa6OY-PuZynaThpvAV2D
    ---------------

Known Problems

- While the definitions are updated, they are not complete. Certain objects such as the spikey crushers in MZ will still show up as unknown. This is due to the Git Hub definitions not being complete either.

- Thanks to the less conventional naming system of the 2005 Hivebrain disassembly, I couldn't find the graphics for the moving platform in SBZ. If you happen to find it, please message me.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    KCEXE and ProjectFM like this.
  2. MainMemory

MainMemory Well-Known Member Member

So, you "updated" the object definitions to match the GitHub ones, but they aren't updated to work with the latest version of SonLVL? How did you even manage that?

AURORA☆FIELDS and AkumaYin like this.
  3. SMS Alfredo

I think it might be because 2005 object definitions like "S12005ObjectDefinitions.GHZ.Bridge" don't exist in the newer versions. Of course, unlike you, I didn't make the program, so I don't know all the ins and outs of everything. I could be wrong, but it might be worth checking.

FireRat likes this.
  4. MainMemory

That makes absolutely no sense.

The problem is that your object definitions are trying to use older APIs, whereas if you look at the latest INI set for the GitHub disassembly, you'll see that there are a few differences. All you have to do is take the GitHub object definitions and change out the filenames and labels as appropriate.

5. SMS Alfredo

Okay, I guess I probably should have checked to see if the Git Hub definitions were also updated before making this.:confused:

Oh well. I'll go and update everything to be compatable when I get the chance.

FireRat likes this.
  6. MainMemory

If you do that, you're more than welcome to submit a pull request on the GitHub repository to have them included in the official distribution. Or just give them to me and I'll add them.

7. Samey

Samey Le Bored Hedgie Member

I know this is old, but I was working on updating the SonLvl Ini's for the Hivebrain disassembly also. I just finished and wanted to share them. They also have definitions for various "Unknown" objects that I saw (E.G. Spike Crushers in Marble, that elevator thing at the beginning of SBZ act3, etc.)
    This is based on the Git Disassembly's ini's (though, honestly it was a pain to get them to work right).

Heres the download to it (I put it into a 7zip file if thats alright. :p):
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dPlsw-odupPh-TsSyntu_HyVznPQiQym/view?usp=sharing

Edit: Just downloaded to test if it worked in the latest version of SonLvl, and am currently cleaning up a bunch of stuff (like rings not loading into Sonlvl correctly)
    Edit 2: Link updated with the new Ini's

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    RouRouRou and TheInvisibleSun like this.
  8. SMS Alfredo

Oh, thanks for doing this!

I was going to do it myself, although I am quite lazy, and not to mention I've gotten pretty busy lately.
    I probably wouldn't have gotten it done for quite a while, so it probably a good thing you went ahead and did it anyways. :D

I'll edit the original post to recomend your Ini's over mine, and maybe you could even "submit a pull request on the GitHub repository" like MainMemory suggested me to do once I was finished. Which obviously isn't going to happen now.

Samey likes this.
  9. Samey

Yeah I will. :)
    now to get a Github account yey

Ok, so I've just checked, and apparently you cant edit the ending area with my files,
    I'm trying to see if I can fix this asap

Edit: Just made the pull request on Github. :)

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  10. MainMemory

Um, no you haven't? I don't see any open pull requests here.
    Edit: Looks like you made the pull request on your own fork of the repo. You need to submit it on the main repository in order for me to do anything with it.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  11. Samey

>~ < Yeah, that was a mistake on my part.
    I literally just started using GitHub (other than downloading stuff) So I didn't know how to do a proper pull request.
    Fixed it now so its on the proper repo.