Genesis Palette Cycle Maker

Discussion in 'Utilities' started by Stardust Gear, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Stardust Gear

Stardust Gear A Programmer Member

Genesis Palette Cycle Maker is a command line tool for easily making palette cycles.
    You can use either command line input or palette files as an input.
    It may output into a standalone palette cycle file that should work with the palette cycle routines.

System Requirements
    • .NET Framework 4.6.1.
    • Windows 7 SP1 or later.
    Usage
    1. Open gpcm.exe.
    2. Write hexadecimal color values in BGR format, separated by spaces, commas or semicolons:
      Code:
      0ACE 0842 0664
      ACE,842,664
      0ace;842;0664
    3. The program will print the raw output:
      Code:
      0ACE 0842 0664
      0664 0ACE 0842
      0842 0664 0ACE
    4. Enter file name to save the palette to: (.bin will be added automatically)
      Code:
      palettecycle.bin
    5. Done!
    Usage with Existing Palette File
    1. Drag a palette file to gpcm.exe, or run the program with file as an argument:
      Code:
      gpcm.exe palette.bin
    2. Enter a hexadeciamal color index, where the palette cycle begins:
      Code:
      2A
    3. Enter the number of colors in the palette cycle:
      Code:
    4. The program will print the raw output:
      Code:
      0444 0666 0888
      0888 0444 0666
      0666 0444 0888
    5. Enter file name to save the palette to: (.bin will be added automatically)
      Code:
      palettecycle.bin
    6. Done!
    What's Included
    • Readme and License files.
    • The program itself (gpcm.exe).
    Source files are coded in Visual Studio 2017, so importing to older versions of Visual Studio may cause problems.

Download link is below.

Attached Files:

MarkeyJester likes this.
  2. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

Hi there!

This is quite an interesting idea, I must say! It is good that people are tackling these form of issues, and you'll certainly get a like from me for your work here.

There is something I would like to discuss though, which is related to palette cycling, but, it is something that may inevitably put your work here to the useless spectrum. I won't say what it is, since I don't really want to ruin the reputation of a product before it's even released (I'm not that dense), unless I have your permission of course.

Regardless of this, great work!

3. AURORA☆FIELDS

AURORA☆FIELDS so uh yes Exiled

Er... Just gonna ask this, as I have no clue, but what exactly is this for? Inputting palette values to be stored in palette files or..? I can just like, get my assembly editor, put in a lable, and a bunch of dc.w's with the palette values. In fact, that is how I do my palettes, aside from the few cases I just use my hex editor because its more convenient...