Introducing the SSRG Twitter Account

Discussion in 'Site News' started by Spanner, Apr 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

As part of the changes and new features being implemented in the SSRG, one new added feature is the fact that we now have our very own Twitter page!

http://twitter.com/sonicresearch

Whilst it is in early stages right now, we're currently tweeting any updates from the Sonic Hack Showcase (which has also been upgraded to WordPress 3), Sonic Specific Modification forums, Submissions and news updates. Not everything is being pushed out "live" due to twitterfeed being used (which minimum setting is 30 minutes) but the Hack Showcase does push out updates live on the feed.

It'll also be used by the staff to tweet about things going on in the site. Follow us, and give us feedback on this.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2011
  2. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

I don't user Twitter. Facebook is as far as I go really.

3. amphobius

amphobius spreader of the pink text Member

Twitter is stupid.

4. Tongara

Tongara Well-Known Member Exiled

I would have followed this if I still used Twitter. Seems like a cool idea.

5. MicroChirp

MicroChirp Wow, I was so stupid a few years ago... Member

I am following it, however, I am not very active on Twitter...

6. redhotsonic

Does SSRG have Facebook? If so, that will be better (or an additional option).

7. amphobius

Faecesbook is even more stupid.

(Yes, you can see I dislike these things very heavily)

8. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

If you wish to give your opinion on Twitter and facebook then start a new topic in the Lounge, this isn't the thread for it.

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2011
  9. redhotsonic

We're not giving our opinion on which is better, I'm saying it would be better for SSRG to have facebook, wheras DalekSam is saying it's not; both related to the topic =P

10. M.N.K.

M.N.K. In the River of Darkness... Member

not to cause a problem or anything but you practically just stated exactly what markey was talking about with the part about your opinions. though it's related to the topic, it's not related fully about what you or dalek think. on actual topic, to me I think this will help in others getting to know about SSRG and what's in store for them in coming here, especially since with all of the changes that went on.

11. theocas

theocas #! Member

Twitter might actually get more users here. I've had friends of mine searching Twitter for sonic forums, and reached Retro. So yay, I'm following this.

12. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

I never said you were giving your opinions on which is better, infact, it was directed at DalekSam who posted about disliking Twitter and facebook, which is all fine and dandy, except, we're not here to discuss opinions of Twitter and facebook directly, we're talking about them in relation to SSRG. And what SSRG can gain from using them. One liners such as "Twitter is stupid." isn't exactly contributing well here.

13. amphobius

My statements were on topic and relevant, regardless of how short they may be. I do not want integration with horrible 'social' networks (I don't even see what's so social about it if it's on the fucking internet anyway) and the way that everyone hypes over them the way they're better than sliced bread is ludicrous. I do not see any gain whatsoever for SSRG to have these things at all, moreover anything to have them, period.

14. redhotsonic

Like you said, it's over-hyped. But if these over-hyped people spot SSRG on Facebook and/or Twitter, it may make them join the forums too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.