Is this really important

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by shadowbeasts, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadowbeasts

shadowbeasts I'm Legend Member

I'm not sure if this is important but I'm adding Knuckles I had help from Goonie but anyway when I build I get:

I'm not sure if the error is important but I think that's why knuckles isn't showing up when I select Knuckles Alone on my hack. Yes the knuckle code and all of knuckles art, DLPC, Palette, and Mappings

2. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

It says "address is not properly aligned" so I would assume that those commands are being assembled on an odd location, look above, each of those commands, are there any included files (incbin/binclude)? is it a set of dc commands? If so, pop an "even" on the end, or "align 2".

Again, I'm only "assuming" simply because it looks like the work of the "AS" assembler, of which I'm not too fond of nor have much experience with, but it's worth giving it a try.

3. Irixion

Irixion Well-Known Member Member

First of all, those are errors so your ROM won't even build. Second of all, the assembler isn't liking where you put your Knuckles code, nor the way that the code is doing what it does. (bsr vs jsr, etc)

4. Goonie

Goonie Active Member Member

With the player make sure the s2kfiles are the same name as the art eg Knux's art, sprite and dplc in the asm.

the sprite and dplc is bin not asm.

the code should be after sound code "knux here"" end of rom. just not the init and obj thats in order..

[EDIT] SOMETHING MIGHT BE OUT OF ALIGNMENT WHEN U COPIED IT OVER TO THE ASM, USING CONTEXT MAKE SURE THE HIGHLIGHTER IS ON.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.