Music Help

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by superdanattack, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superdanattack

superdanattack Newcomer Member

I'm working on hacking sonic 2 and I want to import sonic CD music into sonic 2 but I have no idea how to get music into XM format from MP3. Do I have to download the music in XM format or can I convert mp3, mp4, etc. into XM format? Please help.

2. bareirito

bareirito Well-Known Member Member

That's impossible. You have to find a MIDI and convert the midi into a XM file using modplug tracker. Then convert into SMPS using xm3smps, xm4smps, etc.

MP3 is a 'real music' format but XM and MIDI use channels. You can't convert MP3 into XM. That's impossible.

3. EMK-20218

EMK-20218 The Fuss Maker Exiled

It's because MP3 is a wave format sound. For start with MIDI, I VERY recommend you to get MIDIs of Sonic CD from here. Then you'll need FL Studio with the

for accomodate the MIDI according the 9 channels from the SMPS format, fix the tempo, then you must export it nto MIDI. So like Bareirito said, you must open it with openMPT then using the soundfont again for check if everything sounds okay, so export your song into the XM format, open it in your XM3SMPS Oergomized and assimilating every piece of stuff according the DAC, PSG, FM and etc. Then you will use it for save your SMPS. The last step will be the easier one: Compile your game, run it then check your song into your hack's sound test. In case of you want to add extra songs instead of overwrite the existing ones, you can follow this guide or this guide. But for everything related, I RECOMMEND you to read this guide before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.