Needlemouse Return to Tokyo Demo 1 By Needle Team

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Grosy, Jan 6, 2024.

1. Grosy

Grosy Romhacker + owns a mega drive 2 Member

Well back with a rom hack that my team and I have worked on. Keep in mind this is the last prototype inspired demo (All Demos after will be concept art inspired). This hack has changes in the layout in Green Hill that resemble the concept art/prototype look, there is also some new things and features on the title screen and much more!
    Credits:
    Region Check for Pal/Jap Title: TheChucklingChuckler
    Level layout: Sanchiboy, Dawid (Me) and memeguy
    Sprites: RJ, ArifTheSpriter and EddyTF
    Music: Dawid, Matt205, L. M. Music Enterprises, EddyTF and Zenittikum
    Programing: Dawid, EddyTF, Hame, Matt205, ParticeGuester, SidneyTheHedgehog and TheChucklingChuckler
    Here are some screenshots of the demo:

upload_2024-1-6_20-0-46.png upload_2024-1-6_20-1-27.png upload_2024-1-6_20-2-0.png upload_2024-1-6_20-2-40.png

Have Fun Playing!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2024
  2. Super321

Super321 Newcomer Trialist

the first impression seems good, the title screen has a nice presentation and sonic sprite is not unpleasant, i felt act 1 quite bad, i mean, the first segment that tries emulate tts with rocks on the platform terribly, some objs positions are poorly placed (mainly spikes), the music, although it tries to emulate "possible" early versions, i notice that ghz has very strange squeaks that are somewhat annoying, the sfx rings seem taken from sonic hayai and boss music sounds strange, the music seems of poor quality, the sonic art looks strange in some specific frames, GHZ i find it very ugly and flat (is it a beta hack without wces bg or tts bg?)
    short summary, it feels like a beta hack that doesn't add anything new to the formula, its just an S1 reskin with slightly changed art and proto objpos, i don't want to sound badass but that's what i've seen
    keep working on this please!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2024
    Grosy and Nik Pi like this.
  3. Grosy

Grosy Romhacker + owns a mega drive 2 Member

Yeah I do kinda agree with you. But next demo we'll try to make it much better.
    Oh yeah also about the hayai ring, I thought it was matt205s sfx and I recently have noticed that its not

Last edited: Jan 7, 2024
    Super321 likes this.