Porting a song from Gunstar Heroes...

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by beanDude, Aug 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beanDude

beanDude Well-Known Member Member

Well, I started a thread not too long ago with the header "Music and Sound - Related Q&A", and on that particular thread, I had some music porting questions. Although I got some general help, I cannot change the fact that I am a newbie to the hacking world and am in need of some detailed instructions/help. I am not asking you to do all the work for me; I am merely trying to get myself moving in the right direction on this task...

Basically, I thought that it would be really cool to have Green's Theme (A.K.A "Theme of Seven-Force") from the SEGA Genesis title "Gunstar Heroes" playing in my hack during the moments when the game would normally use the track for the "Final Zone". In other words, I'm looking to replace the music for one specific address (that is, in the "8A, 8B, .... 91, etc." numbered format that the ROM uses) .

Is there anyone who's willing to answer a fair number of questions for me? I swear that I'm not trying to do this entirely for myself; hopefully you'll benefit from the final product. If you need further convincing that this is for a good cause, check out my first hack footage - posted on YouTube!

Thanks guys, I know that it's newbies like me that are a total pain in the ass to help all the time, but hopefully the benefit will be for all...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.