Reverse Gravity trouble

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by DeoxysKyogre, Jul 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeoxysKyogre

DeoxysKyogre No idea what to put here .-. Member

Hello, it's been a long time since I didn't make a question like this on the forums.

Well, so I, was researching on the s1 source, and I tried to do reverse gravity. I managed to make it work, but there's a BIG problem: when Sonic hits the ceiling, (floor in this case) he goes crazy!

If you have something or suggestions of what could fix this problem, I might as well thank you.

If you have something to fix it, if you want, I'd be pleased to put it properly with your help. I've been trying everything I could with my skills, but seems they aren't good enough for this. Help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. M3k

M3k h4x Member

What do you mean by crazy? Can you post some pics?

Moar info please!

3. DeoxysKyogre

Well, by crazy I mean that he hits the ceiling and he teleports to the top of the chunk. (Finds a floor)

4. SuperEgg

SuperEgg I'm a guy that knows that you know that I know Member

THE BEST GOD DAMN STATE OF TEXAS
    Make sure the floor has the correct collision. Some, or in Sonic 1, do not have all blocks with collision set. So you may be getting wonky things.

5. DeoxysKyogre

I'm using the original art, and I made COMPLETELY sure it was correct. It's a problem of the ceiling and not of the floor

6. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

Which is exactly where you're going wrong, you need to treat the ceiling as a floor, and by that you'd need to alter Sonic's collision response, reflex and physics, simply reversing Sonic's falling direction isn't enough.

Take a look at the following routines:

Sonic_Floor

Sonic_SlopeResist

Sonic_AnglePos

Sonic_SlopeRepel

Sonic_RollRepel

Sonic_SlopeRepel

Sonic_Move (Angle section)

ObjectFall

Sonic_Jump

Sonic_JumpAngle (For angle reversing when in air)

Sonic_WalkVertL

Sonic_WalkCeiling

Sonic_WalkVertR

loc_14630 (routine under the checks is basically "Sonic_WalkFloor" in essense)

7. SpirituInsanum

SpirituInsanum Well-Known Member Member

I never tried this, but don't you also have to use only "all solid" collisions (along with what's been said before)? In S3K's Death Egg, everything is set to "all solid", there's probably a good reason.

8. DeoxysKyogre

Thanks, people. I managed to do it. I've impressed myself, I didn't do this kind of stuff in my old days. Haha.

Once again, thanks. I think this topic can be locked now because the issue is solved! :wub:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.