Sonic 1 Hacking Question: Adding a 7th Chaos Emerald, is it possible?

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by SecretAgentJonathon, Jul 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SecretAgentJonathon

SecretAgentJonathon Newcomer Member

I have a question about Sonic 1. Is it possible to implement a 7th emerald into the game? If so, how can you do so, and how would you be able to get it? Through a 7th special stage or destroying a hard to get monitor or something else?

2. theocas

theocas #! Member

Yes, it is welcome, but have you tried looking at the special stage and giant ring code yet? Change the giant ring to only delete if you have 7, not 6 emeralds, import the 7th emerald sprite into the game, and then add a 7th special stage. And by the way, Welcome to SSRG.

Edit: I posted EXACTLY 1 hour after you :p

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2010
  3. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

You tell me if it's possible or not.

It's amazing what a simple search will bring up =P

No seriously though, willj tried everything to get what he wanted (a 7th chaos emerald) and because of that, we can all confirm that yes it is indeed possible, if you wish to do so, check out those posts...

..No really, check out those posts, I'm sure that most of us don't fancy going down that road again, not to be rude or anything.

4. DanielHall

DanielHall Well-Known Member Member

I made a hack with 7 CEs using those topics.

And I did it all by myself without any means of help, just trial and error.

5. theocas

theocas #! Member

Trial and Error is possibly the best way to learn - I am attempting to add a 7th chaos emerald into my hack, and I have not run into any problems, and whoever has been at SSRG for a while knows that I go ask for help every few minutes if I need to...

No, seriously, try adding it on your own using the topics MarkeyJester posted. If you run into problems, post them in this thread and we'll help you.

6. DanielHall

The trial and error thing was a joke. If you took a look on certain topics, WillJ said he did it all by himself without any help, which wasn't the truth.

7. theocas

theocas #! Member

No, trial and error is the best way. Read the topics, and try changing some things in the code. If they do something, you know what they do. If they fuck up the game, you know you shouldn't play with them. And Trail and Error is the best way to learn, at least that's what I always thought :p

8. DanielHall

:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.