Sonic 1: The Harder Levels [SHC2013 Demo]

Discussion in 'Showroom Archive' started by SonicVaan, Aug 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SonicVaan

SonicVaan I'm a cyberpunk with a taste for guns Member

Evening folks. I'll leave this here, as I should post this in the name of Eduardo Knuckles. Have fun!

[​IMG]

There comes a new release!

There's some important notes I give about the release.

Due to the lack of time of some of the team programmers to submit the fully fixed demo to the Hacking Contest, this is just a demo version in which some features were been cut (they will be shown below) on purpose of let them to the final version of the hack which will become in next year. So...

- Debug mode was removed. You can't access it even with Game-Genie.

- Save screen was removed from the demo. Since it's a demo, there's no need of the save file feature.

- GHZ Act 1 has no checkpoint. I was in hurry of sending it to the Contest, then I forgot to insert up the checkpoint in the level, so sorry.

- Some badniks moves themselves at independent speeds of one and the another.

- Layouts and object placements will be all improved according all the feedback, so please give it detailed information regarding improvements that you think it will need.

- Some previously announced stuff from the game was removed due to some engine purposes.

- The characters engine was really buggy in previous versions but we're working as hardly as possible to fix them and to make them as the perfect we can for you.

- Music is planned to be all-replaced with improved songs in the future, but music feedback and suggestions are greatly accepted.

- The title screen logo art you guys see in the picture above was a 3D pre-rendered logo we made, but we're working on making something better for the future. A better title logo is being made.

- SLZ See-saw animations weren't made for Knuckles yet.

- Not all levels were inserted on the demo due to time to finish/fix their layouts and object placements so they were removed from the demo.

- Expert Mode can be accessed with a trick on the Options screen, but the Expert Mode was removed from the selector because this game mode isn't yet finished. We don't removed it completely, so please DON'T GIVE feedback about anything related to the Expert Mode in this demo.

- The major part of the character-related bugs were fixed or at least covered in this demo, so the character bugs will be less-noticeable in levels except for Marble Zone.

- SLZ1 has different paths for Knuckles and for Sonic in a Sonic3K-Esque layout scheme.

There's some of the features we had in which was removed from the demo or that will be later replaced or reworked.

[​IMG]

GHZ1 background

[​IMG]

GHZ rock with correct color

[​IMG]

Save screen written by Genesisfan64

[​IMG]

Marble Zone Act 3

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Speed shoes monitors for each characters. Obviously, with their own shoes. =P

Now let's stop talking and download the ROM!!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2013
  2. ScoutCDTen

ScoutCDTen Newcomer Trialist

Really good hack,i am waiting for a full version and i played all previous Sonic 1 Harder Levels hack.But you removed the title card too.

BEST HACK 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.