Sonic 2 Censor Prototype Disassembly

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by SuperEgg, May 5, 2019.

1. SuperEgg

SuperEgg I'm a guy that knows that you know that I know Member

THE BEST GOD DAMN STATE OF TEXAS
    Ok folks, I've been sitting on this thing for like 2 months now or so, and I haven't bothered to finish the fucker. As such, the code itself isn't buildable, more than likely it has a lot of hardcoded stuff that is shifting around during the disassembling processes. Either way, y'all Retro goers do what you want with it. I am including the asm file, the IDA pro file, assembler I was using to test the thing. Go nuts.

Sonic 2 Censor Prototype Disassembly

I've labeled a good number of things in the disassembly, of course some of the tables for obj, ring, collision positions, ect; use my own nomenclature, so bear that in mind if y'all are looking for something or want to split out data from it. Feel free to ask questions about things if you are lost. I have some relevant HPZ data points information, just in case y'all were interested in looking at stuff.

Sonic 2 Beta 3.85 (Censor) Notes

HPZ Tile Offset 3E3D8
    HPZ Block Offset 3E3DC
    HPZ Chunk Offset 3E3E0
    HPZ Collision Offset 05400
    HPZ Layou Offset 4BB0A

HPZ Collision location 499EA
    HPZ Layout Location? 4D46E

2. Jdpense

Jdpense Custom Title Member

It's nice to see someone get on top with making a disassembly for the latest revealed Sonic 2 prototype! Unfortunately though, I'm probably less likely use this disassembly for anything, since I don't hack S2 as much and there really isn't any assets that I think would need from this other than assets from HPZ. (But I could already get those assets from other previous S2 Beta dissembles)

There isn't too much for me to comment on about this disassembly, other than what I've previously said. I'm sorry to say, but I don't see to much of a significance of this prototype or disassembly, since the prototype itself isn't all that much different from the final game.

3. SuperEgg

SuperEgg I'm a guy that knows that you know that I know Member

THE BEST GOD DAMN STATE OF TEXAS
    ...you mean not much different from Beta 4. It is plenty different from the Final.

breakthetargets likes this.