Sonic Hacking Studio

Discussion in 'Utilities' started by theocas, Jun 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theocas

theocas #! Member

Tool Name: Sonic Hacking Studio

Build: 1.02 (182)

Author: theocas

Description

It is a small IDE that lets you do ASM Hacking in almost any OS with Java support. Note that Java 6 is required for SHS to work. Java 5 may cause SHS to crash in unpredictable times. You can even configure a project to be set up to make your life easier, and edit it later on. Since I don't have the patience of copying all the features and crap over from my site and converting them into BBCode, Here's the link to the article, a screenshot and a download.

Release Post on my site

Now, the Screenshot (with annotations):

[​IMG]

Download

Download it here. Remember to read the instructions carefully so you don't get the wrong version on accident.

Now, please post any ideas, suggestions, requests and bugs here or in a comment over at my site. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2010
  2. theocas

theocas #! Member

A note to all Linux and Windows users: If you downloaded SHS and it did not launch or display a window, please re-download it as a section of Mac-Only code was causing other VMs to not find Apple-Specific class files and crash. Thanks for your understanding. The new download link is on my blog post.

3. theocas

theocas #! Member

Sorry for the triple-post, but I have another update for the app. There's a new Look and Feel, some changes in design, the new Pallet Editor, and fully working Project support. All that doesn't work yet is auto-detection of the emulator, but I hope to get the preferences window working soon, as well as writing the pallet value to a file at a definable offset. Such a shame Java doesn't support unsigned bytes.

4. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

Such a shame that you're actually using Java.

5. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

This. I know Java is cross-platform, but that's by far the only advantage of it.

6. theocas

theocas #! Member

Java has lots more of advantages than just being cross-platform, like automatic garbage management, easy UI building, Look and Feels, Object-Oriented programming, Enums, and quite a few more. I like it for a lot of reasons, it's probably one of my favorite programming languages of all time. If you want to find me another cross-platform language, feel free to do so. Oh, SOTI, you were the one that inspired me to re-write this in Java, since the old code was unstable and crashed whenever I forgot to patch a memory leak (like always :p). Anyways, there will be a major rewrite of this sooner or later to add plugins, so everyone can write a plugin specialized for something, and it can be called from the Plugin menu. But I'll show you in V 2.0.

And now it came. That post was the inspiration for this version of it, and now no one seems to appreciate my efforts in creating an IDE for Mega Drive Hacking. How wonderful indeed! The only, and I mean only issue I have with Java is that all data types are signed, which makes writing an unsigned byte to a file impossible.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.