Announcements Sonic Hacking Telephone Game Rules

Discussion in 'The Sonic Telephone Projects' started by ArcaniaCQ, Apr 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArcaniaCQ

ArcaniaCQ Well-Known Member Member

This game is simple. But there always need to be rules. So what we got here is a lot of points to go over.

To start off:
    It's frowned upon using the content in the hack as your own unless you contributed it.
    You need to respect others stuff that they have added such as Art, Music etc.
    The hack gets its name from the last person who edit's it.
    The theme is given to the starter of each hack. And a game can only be started after a set of days after finnishing the current one.
    You are allowed to port stuff from other games like music and art. Tho you are not allowed to add your own stages. (Same amount of stages that the game we hack.)
    Once a person has started. He/She types up that person is starting and then no one else is allowed to change anything. Not doing so leads to multiple disasms. Also make sure you have the latest build by downloading the latest disasm.
    The hacks should NOT have any stolen content.
    And the hacks should not have it's contents stolen.
    After each revision the starter of the hack will download and store all the builds in case of emergency.

How the game works. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_whispers

Each person have a deadline of 2 weeks and gets passed by.

That's about it.
    Have fun.

2. ArcaniaCQ

ArcaniaCQ Well-Known Member Member

Changes midway through has been happening so here is a big one. 2 people can work on it at the same time by working on different task for example if I did level layouts and MarkeyJester made title cards we can do so at the same time. Just add the files that you modified into the github.

Other change is the 1 game at a time rule. I will let 2 hacks run alongside. If you aren't a Sonic 1 hacker. then why not go for the alternative. This will also make this more fun and enjoyable for everyone.

Third and last rule change. 2 week deadline will be stretched if people need more time. But for that just msg me here or do it on IRC as I am always online there.

That's about it and I wish Happy Hacking.

FireRat likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.