Sprites Problem

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by Cass10, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cass10

Cass10 Active Member Member

Ok...... I'm here with another problem:

I import the sprites, maps and palettes of Sonic 3 (Sonic Unc), but there was some problem that they are disorganized ..... if they have not understood, here is a ROM as an example ..... who help me will be credited as always;)

The ROM

2. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

You have to edit the Animation Script for Sonic. I'm not working with Sonic 2, so I don't know where it's stored, but I know, this is the problem. You could also change the order of the sprites, using SonMapEd.

3. Alriightyman

Alriightyman I'm back! Member

Exactly what Selbi said. I personally just moved the frames around. Here is the animation script location in Sonic 2:

Code:
    SonicAniData
    And the animation script location from S&K:

Code:
    AniSonic
    Keep in mind that in S&K the mappings for super sonic are seperate from sonic's regular mappings, so if you are using the art, mappings, and DPLC's directly from S&K you are going to need the mappings and DPLC's for super sonic as well.

4. Qjimbo

Qjimbo Well-Known Member Member

Bit off-topic, but don't be afraid to mark topics like this as questions as they are essentially problems in search of a solution.

5. Cass10

Well guys ..... the problem is almost solved ..... but I have 2 problems: if someone don't matter and tell me what are the labels of the code of Animation of Sonic 3, which is equal to Sonic 2 (Ex .: (S2) SonAni_Walk - (S3) byte_1 ....) I will be very grateful, and the palettes by importing SonMapEd, the original palette is the Sonic, the rest is all bugged ...... .I'll be grateful if someone help me :p

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2009
  6. Hanoch

Hanoch Well-Known Member Member

Well, in every sonic game the animations are kinda the same, first animation is walking, second is running, third and fourth are rolling, and the fifth is pushing. The next one is standing etc. But keep in mind that there are a few animations that vary between the games like the horizontal twirling animation in sonic 3, etc. So look at the mapping frames of the animations to see what animation you are talking about.

7. Alriightyman

Alriightyman I'm back! Member

Using SonMapEd to do this will make things much easier to understand.

8. Cass10

Thanks to all!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.