SSRG 2.1 (somewhat) Launched!

Discussion in 'Site News' started by Qjimbo, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qjimbo

Qjimbo Well-Known Member Member

Not a lot to see just yet, as I unfortunately was too ill last weekend to do any work on the site and ended up behind schedule. However, I've uploaded the new site layout which should give you a small taste of whats to come in terms of new content! This weekend I should have enough free time to get everything finished, namely the showroom and guides! So stick around and wait and see what we shall soon have to offer on SSRG, I'm sure there shall be something to interest you!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2010
  2. Pokepunch

Pokepunch That guy who posts on occasion Member

New pages!!

3. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

Looks cool so far and I like the new layout and apps. However, three things:

1. I did some testing with the m68k Pastebin, and it actually works, however, on submitting (I choosed public btw), it led me to this address, http://localhost/pastebin?testinglolz092840, which didn't show me anything.

2. You were using the SVN version as a Sonic 1 disassembly? At least ADD the June 2005 disassembly (and use the ASM68k version please). I'm sure I'm not the only one who dislikes this version. =P

3. To the tables you could add this: http://sonicresearch.org/forums/index.php?...ost&p=17015

That said, amazing. =)

4. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

Selbi: Stop yer moaning, it's a disassembly isn't it? =P Then again, when it comes to disassemblies, I often prefer the 2007 Sonic 1, as it's labled enough to know where certain things are with less uneccesary research, but not filled to the max with macros' and equates.

On topic now: Ahh, I see the front page has been updated twice in one morning, someone's doing a great job I see.

5. DanielHall

DanielHall Well-Known Member Member

Well it's different, but i suppose i'll get used to it. Unlike Youtube's brand new crappy layout, which is TERRIBLE. But the site still wont work with IE for me :)

6. voice

voice Well-Known Member Member

The layout seems to get messed up in Chromium :/

EDIT: Either Q made a quick change after I posted or this build of Chromium has a bug, the layout changed for the better after refreshing.

7. DanielHall

DanielHall Well-Known Member Member

That happened to me in IE, but fixed in firefox.

8. Qjimbo

Yeah the IE and Chrome issues were down to a missing doctype tag. IE also had some issues with the navbar which has now been resolved.

@Selbi: Thanks for your comments. I'll work on the 2&3 tonight, however the PasteBin I was able to fix quickly and should now be working.

9. FireRat

FireRat Do Not Interact With This User, Anywhere!!! Exiled

Yes, very good the page but i use the mozilla firefox, the latest version, and i no have bugs (??)

10. Selbi

This site (not page =P) was made for Firefox, there aren't any bugs for it therefore. But since other browsers like IE and Chrome work a lot different, there are some issues with them.

11. amphobius

amphobius spreader of the pink text Member

Y'know, I haven't exactly noticed anything. Wouldn't mind an explaination or two.

OH IT'S ALL ON THE MAIN PAGE, MY BAD

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2010
  12. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

Well I can see the "Showroom" thread is locked for the mean time, I'm asuming it'll be linked to here eventually, which would be a decent idea. As most members seem to be more interested in the board itself, it would make sense to have links to areas of the main page, but in clear view where they can be seen on the board.

13. Qjimbo

Sorry about the delays, been busy with some other stuff lately and I don't exactly have a massive amount of free time! Looks like I'll be busy this weekend too but I'll try my best to get the Showroom/Projects finished as soon as possible.

14. FireRat

FireRat Do Not Interact With This User, Anywhere!!! Exiled

Ha! And the hacktube?

15. Selbi

It has been set offline and will be replaced by the project section. We had a few issues with uncontrolled hack-uploading (most people where submitting simple palette hacks). I think Hacktube should stay open as archive though (read-only, no upload possible).

16. MegaGWolf

MegaGWolf Unofficial Official Hack Showcaser Member

Maybe this way we could have stricter conditions to meet when people apply to put their hack on the Hacktube.

That way simple palette hacks wouldn't pass and we would have a better line up of unique hacks in the archive and in turn it will also either make uber noobs give up or make them strive to be better so the hack can make it on the list.

17. Qjimbo

Well hacktube is pretty much dead, I will be putting it up as an archive though. 90% of the "casual" submissions were of such low quality that I doubt anything will be lost by this change.

18. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

Fuck hacktube. Because of that feature, SSRG went down the shitter because this was supposed to be the only thing on this place. Too many stupid hacks were posted and as a result, this board suffered as well.

There needs to be a lot of work done on the SSRG and I did talk to Qjimbo about a few things (notably cleanup and getting rid of staff members who have been last seen more than 6 months ago).

Oh and if anyone went to my now-dead site and there was a feature that had to be closed due to spambots, expect that to be on SSRG some day, when all the recoding is done.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2010
  19. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

Yes, that's true, infact we assessed that a long while ago, the problem is, "what" work needs to be done on SSRG? So far no one has given a valid answer, quite possibly because no one has an answer? OK Yeah, stuff is being done on SSRG, but it's having minimal effect (Though I'm aware that it's not quite a complete update).

Is QJimbo the only one working on this site currently? Because I think we'd benefit a lot more if we had more people, who could help get work done on this site other than just simply pitching ideas, I would offer myself, but I don't have the knowledge of how message boards work internally.

20. Guest

I have to admit that even though I am only just a member on here, I agree with SOTI on what he said on some things that should be worked on the site. like for instance on what he said about most of the members that has joined and didn't even come back here in like 6 months (2 years in my opinion) should be removed if they are not going to be doing anything here in the first place, at least that's what I think should be done.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.