Sonic the Hedgehog Remix

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
    66 replies to this topic

#55 McAleeCh

McAleeCh

• Trialist
    • 3 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 04:38 PM

Sounding pretty nice, Ordos. = ) The use of Angel Island and Cosmic Angel's tracks from Sonic Advance is a nice move; particularly the latter, IMO, since I always thought that to be one of the more memorable music tracks from that game.

Still think you should use a more accurately-timed version of the S1SMS boss theme, though. =P The timing of the main melody's been screwed with in the MIDI you're using, and it sounds a bit too 'swing'-y for my liking.

Other than that, all sounds awesome. I can't wait to hear how these sound when they're implemented into the game - Bridge / Jungle / Labyrinth / Green Hills sounded awesome in the preview ROM from a while back. = ) Also, I know I've said it before, but using the S2SMS Boss Theme for Metal Sonic still = win.

#56 muteKi

muteKi

LOLCRAB

• 48 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 03:57 AM

I think this is a really nice selection of songs, but since you're using the Sonic CD intro as title and for speedup and invincibility, it makes the few references left in the soundtrack to Sonic 1 seem a bit out of place. The other choices are all cream of the crop songs, so as long as they can be well-implemented, this will be awesome.

#57 amphobius

amphobius

cocks in the kitchen

• Pro User
    • 856 posts
    • Interests:drills in the dungeon

Posted 07 April 2008 - 01:11 PM

I don't really know how the hell your going to get all these levels into Sonic 2, along with this awesome soundtrack.

#58 OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha

Battle to the death on the big bridge, bitch?

• Administrator
    • 1528 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 02:19 PM

I think this is a really nice selection of songs, but since you're using the Sonic CD intro as title and for speedup and invincibility, it makes the few references left in the soundtrack to Sonic 1 seem a bit out of place. The other choices are all cream of the crop songs, so as long as they can be well-implemented, this will be awesome.

Original mode will use all the original music and jingles. Remix mode will use the music and jingles listed in the soundtrack. The title screen is a different matter, that will use the Sonic CD title jingle. We could implement the title screen to altenate between title jingles. Even if we don't, the original title jingle will still at least appear in the game, but only in the sound test.

#59 GrandMasterGalvatron

GrandMasterGalvatron

Let's get Legendary

• Pro User
    • 53 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 09:27 PM

This is Sonic 2 right? I noticed the Super Sonic jingle wasn't there. Were you just going to use the original? Or were you removing him altogether.

Or maybe you have no super music at all.

#60 OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha

• Administrator
    • 1528 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 01:48 PM

Super Sonic won't appear in the main game, but will be available as an unlockable after completing the game once.

#61 OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha

• Administrator
    • 1528 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 01:37 AM

OK, it's been quite a while since I last posted about this project, so the time has come for a bump.

The project isn't dead, it just ended up in the freezer as Stephen and myself lost interest, and real life enticed us into doing other things. Now, I plan to start working on the project once again in the near future, but don't expect instant updates on progress or teaser shots/test builds. The project will bear fruit one day.

#62 StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear

• Administrator
    • 531 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 08:35 PM

OK, it's been quite a while since I last posted about this project, so the time has come for a bump.

The project isn't dead, it just ended up in the freezer as Stephen and myself lost interest, and real life enticed us into doing other things. Now, I plan to start working on the project once again in the near future, but don't expect instant updates on progress or teaser shots/test builds. The project will bear fruit one day.

Any time you're ready to fire it up again, just let me know. I was thinking about putting some work into this again a few days ago.

#63 SonicVaan

SonicVaan

The probably one and only cybergoth in this community. '_

• Pro User
    • 438 posts
    • Interests:ASM, Betatesting, Synthesizers and music production

Posted 11 April 2009 - 09:01 PM

It's nice to see a good hack coming back. Myself haven't heard of it very much--except I've managed to play a version of it from Sonic Retro's Hacks Archive. Those both screenshots in your signature, OrdosAlpha, are pretty much a gem. Not much hacks outta there are gems. You should be proud to be a part of them. However, I wish you and StephenUK much luck. But hey, real-life and free time isn't a bad thing, too. So enjoy the time and get your real-life issues fixed.
    We will wait and looking forward to this hack and we, the community, do know to don't bug the leader of the project. (As example for Sonic Megamix)

Yeah, that's anything I can say so far. Again, good luck! ;)

Yours,
    SonicVaan

Edited by SonicVaan, 11 April 2009 - 09:02 PM.

#64 GasparXR

GasparXR

Rides the metal monster

• 76 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 04:37 AM

Awesome to see that this hack is finally gonna be started up again; it's been so long I pretty much forgot about it! ;)

And I have a question. Any chance of the MD Labyrinth Zone music being used somewhere, seeing as LZ will use the 8-bit LZ music? I am strangely enough a fan of that song. :V

Edited by GasparXR, 13 June 2009 - 04:39 AM.

#65 OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha

• Administrator
    • 1528 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 10:30 PM

Update: Fixed broken OST links and merged the project and OST threads together.

#66 PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

HighKnights

• Pro User
    • 264 posts
    • Interests:Sonic The Hedgehog, since i was 2 =P
      Music (listening & playing)
      SMB1. Good game right there =P

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:42 PM

Just wondering, how is this hack progressing? =P

#67 OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha

• Administrator
    • 1528 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:26 PM

Just wondering, how is this hack progressing? =P

Well, it ended up on ice again. Stephen and myself did some work on it recently. Nothing worth posting about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users