And now I sit here, almost 8 months later, writing down this topic. It would've been even longer if something back in May didn't suddenly make me finish my work. It looked like I could be done by June, but problems made me delay it almost by yet another month.
I'm just going to add a level and do one or two bug fixes. Should be done in a week.
But now it's finally here!
About this update:
This version, originally titled 'The SLZ Update', turned out into something I had never expected. An overview of the most important changes:
- Added 3 new levels, of which one is a special one.
- Added 2 new bosses.
- Remixed or added many new songs.
- Rewrote all story texts - now featuring more terrible humor.
- Added a system so people will no longer have an excuse for being bad.
- Added too much unnecessary extras throughout the game.
- Fixed more bugs, exploits, and graphical elements than you could imagine.
These screenshots do NOT show the important parts of this update, because, once again, I want to keep spoilers to a minimum. Instead, I will provide you with the content you may look forward to or images I've already posted before:
As well as DalekSam's teaser trailer video he created a few weeks after I started working on the update (specifically, in March). That means the content of this video is incredibly outdated, but it's still worth a watch:
Although they are already listed in the in-game credits, I would like to give special thanks to the following people, without whom I would've never been able to create this game: