• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

#19 TheEchidna

TheEchidna

6 Chaos Emeralds

• Exile
  • 536 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:38 PM

I use google for art searching a lot, I have a look through google images, looking at real life pictures, all for inspiration.

Basically the same here. With the difference that I take my inspiration on the work made by other people, but for make my custom content on my way. I pay attention to even the small details on the art that other people post to show us (per example in the art of StephenUK, MarkeyJester and rika_chou that are excellent artists) for improve my skills and technique with my art. It's easy to see this concept being applied on my hack's desertic Marble Zone that's being based on the scrapped desert zone that was reproduced in Sonic 2 Delta, on Spring Yard wich was fully inspired on the beta stuff that Mistergambit reproduced in his hack, among lots of others. But I do the stuff by myself and I look to the way these people does their stuff for just improve the mine. Same goes to music, that is my most strong point on hacking. Steal things show nor only how the people is lazy to do their stuff, but it shows how the people will never feel motivated to do any stuff by themselves. And it doesn't matter if it was obtained from other peoples hands, from Google or other placess. It's very simple for anyone to open up the tutorials, practice them and to do the stuff by themselves instead of grab the work of other people, where people usually takes months or years to finish with a lot of effort in what they does, taking a huge load of time to make it pleasant for the public to enjoy.

#20 favsis

favsis

• Exile
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:02 PM

Hello, dear users of SSRG forum! This text has been translated by Google Translate and if something happens don't notice semantic errors and incidents, but I hope that the basic sense will reach you, and I will try to give further to more time for English studying.
I want to admit that Cool-Spot/SonSon/Dimorphus is I, and a site (link removed) is mine. That who doesn't know: on this site was uploaded disassemblies of a many good hacks and the site kept only on idea of a stolen content. How I have found these disassemblies? By means of Google in which I searched for a various content for the my hack and once has come across on FTP on which has been uploaded some disassemblies. I very much was delighted and began to experiment search values, and also checked and experiment with the various links which have been laid out on a site, in hope to find treasured FTP. At first it was for me something like a collecting: in the my hack I didn't use from anything found almost, but Then in my life have come the worst times, and I has left from romhacking, "at parting" having created this site, in passing spam retrohack and SSRG. In general, I want to ask pardons for all forum users, and personally at what content has been laid out on that site. It is nowadays closed, and my life gradually goes forward, I have returned in romhacking. For long time which I have spent without hacking, at me sights about what should be good hack have definitively exchanged. The main thing in the hack - originality, and using in hack stolen content only does it is more worst. I want to create new, good hack, I want to communicate at this remarkable forum, tightening the knowledge of English.
I ask to forgive me for this ridiculous, children's, and at the same time an awful trick.
I hope, you have understood me, as I know, how can deform the initial text the automatic translator :wub:

#21 TheEchidna

TheEchidna

6 Chaos Emeralds

• Exile
  • 536 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:22 PM

Hello, dear users of SSRG forum! This text has been translated by Google Translate and if something happens don't notice semantic errors and incidents, but I hope that the basic sense will reach you, and I will try to give further to more time for English studying.
I want to admit that Cool-Spot/SonSon/Dimorphus is I, and a site (link removed) is mine. That who doesn't know: on this site was uploaded disassemblies of a many good hacks and the site kept only on idea of a stolen content. How I have found these disassemblies? By means of Google in which I searched for a various content for the my hack and once has come across on FTP on which has been uploaded some disassemblies. I very much was delighted and began to experiment search values, and also checked and experiment with the various links which have been laid out on a site, in hope to find treasured FTP. At first it was for me something like a collecting: in the my hack I didn't use from anything found almost, but Then in my life have come the worst times, and I has left from romhacking, "at parting" having created this site, in passing spam retrohack and SSRG. In general, I want to ask pardons for all forum users, and personally at what content has been laid out on that site. It is nowadays closed, and my life gradually goes forward, I have returned in romhacking. For long time which I have spent without hacking, at me sights about what should be good hack have definitively exchanged. The main thing in the hack - originality, and using in hack stolen content only does it is more worst. I want to create new, good hack, I want to communicate at this remarkable forum, tightening the knowledge of English.
I ask to forgive me for this ridiculous, children's, and at the same time an awful trick.
I hope, you have understood me, as I know, how can deform the initial text the automatic translator :wub:

If this is true, feel sure that you will be welcome. We just don't want to see that kind of unfortunate research again.

Sorry dudes if I go off-topic, but, it's there a chance for him to be "kidding" again or being really apologizing. We just don't want to be trolled again. If you really want to become a good guy, welcome. This is the only thing I could say about it, dude.

Edited by Spanner, 05 March 2012 - 06:14 PM.

#22 DeoxysKyogre

DeoxysKyogre

What the fu- BOOM!

• 293 posts
  • Interests:Hearing Video Game music, Sonic Hacking, Sports, Friends, and a few more awesome stuff

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:50 PM

I hope, you have understood me, as I know, how can deform the initial text the automatic translator :)

Seems you are with the intentions of trying to apologise the community for what you did in the past. It makes me happy to know so, since some people perhaps don't change, but your attitude wasn't the same. My feelings right now are complete happiness. Furthermore, I can see you plan to do a decent and original hack. Hopefully, this will become true and the community will forgive you (but if you don't do this again, though!). At least I'll give you another chance to have my respect, and you'll own my support on romhacking. This means that you don't need to think twice if you need help on your future hack. Just call me or another hacker here, you'll be welcome. With all this said, welcome back to the SSRG community, sir. :)

Edited by Spanner, 05 March 2012 - 06:15 PM.

#23 Spanner

Spanner

Mako Stuff Research Group

• Staff
  • 1706 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:25 PM

You see, as much as you want people to be given a second chance, and a few people here are fine with it, you have broken the rules in regards to having another account.

ALTERNATE ACCOUNTS

These aren't allowed. No matter your user group. Trialists and those languishing in Limbo will find themselves being banned and their alternate account deleted. Members and Pro Users will have their alternate account(s) deleted and their account suspended for a period of up to 14 days, those that repeatedly create alternate accounts will be banned. Note: If an alternate account from a single IP is required due to another family member wishing to register, then the main account holder must contact an administrator requesting permission first.

If you want to plead your case to be given a fresh start, you'll need to discuss it with the admins in the banned forum. Furthermore, I will be discussing this with the staff as well who might support a reinstatement back to Trialist. Until then...

#24 Blazer

Blazer

Meh....

• 534 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:14 PM

honesly for me, stealing stuff from other peoples work is just pointless really, especially if someone doesn't know how it works or how it was created in the first place (going about art and coding in this case). I mean i myself when i started here already experienced that enough in the very beggining when i fisrt ever started my hack here which im sure some of you probably remember this way long ago

http://sonicresearch...?showtopic=1935

but of course after that, I learned my lesson about things such as that. aside from that, my only thing is that most people are not just going to go nor probably take the time to read this which is pretty sad especially if they don't have a care in the world who the original creator was, but i would'nt put it passed them considering that a certain Cool-spot around the web and his shitty website of his. it's because of him alone that people are thinking that it's okay to steal things which at times pisses me off cosidering that he already got hold of one of my dissasemblies, not to mention someone using the art from it as well. at times i just wish that people would just stop taking stuff from others and acting like they did it all themselves but sadly IMO thats not going to happen.

P.s.: A bit off topic but there's actually a banned forum? :)

Edited by Blazer, 07 March 2012 - 01:08 PM.

#25 redhotsonic

redhotsonic

Also known as RHS

• Pro User
  • 1878 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:13 PM

He's also re-posted the link which should be removed (and from quotes).

#26 Irixion

Irixion

6 Chaos Emeralds

• Pro User
  • 539 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:47 AM

P.s.: A bit off topic but there's actually a banned forum? :)

Yes. Of which only banned members can view or post in.

Also seriously, tl;dr, don't steal shit. It's not rocket science. Google or not, don't steal. Simple.

Edited by Irixion, 06 March 2012 - 12:48 AM.

#27 GT Koopa

GT Koopa

2 Chaos Emeralds

• 83 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:52 AM

On the subject of things stolen, I found another guy using S3K Master Edition as a crutch for their hack.

It could be the same guy as the "Master Edition 2" except that one was from Korea and this one I'm linking to is apparently from Russia.

#28 RandomInnocentGuy

RandomInnocentGuy

• Exile
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Dude, do you even know why I joined this site?

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:18 AM

Why not just ASK the creator to BORROW the code, and ask permission for it? That would work,
now wouldn't it. I for one am trying to use selbi's spindash code and art for the spindash using a
tutorial he made, using ASM. And i'm trying to make it so I can credit him, in the credits. Even though,
no one gives a f*ck about the credits anymore, it's still nice as a little edition to the hacks, and being
gentle with their codes. That's the right way to go, for you newbies! :)

Edited by RandomInnocentGuy, 24 March 2012 - 12:19 AM.

#29 SuperEgg

SuperEgg

Say what again Mutha Fucka! I dare you, no I DOUBLE dog dare

• Pro User
  • 732 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:36 AM

Why not just ASK the creator to BORROW the code, and ask permission for it? That would work,
now wouldn't it. I for one am trying to use selbi's spindash code and art for the spindash using a
tutorial he made, using ASM. And i'm trying to make it so I can credit him, in the credits. Even though,
no one gives a f*ck about the credits anymore, it's still nice as a little edition to the hacks, and being
gentle with their codes. That's the right way to go, for you newbies! :)

I will be the first to say, dafaq did I just read? Seriously.

Next, you think if you'd asked MarkeyJester right now, "hey MJ, can I have AND use that really cool wall climb thing Manic does in Sonic 1 BroTro?" he'd say yes? HELL TO THE NO. I doubt he would respond. Why? Because it's his code. And that is the point. It's his code, he.s not gonna give it to any willy nilly who asks for it. The biggest issue with the whole "Stolen Content" deal, is that, besides the mere disrespect of the original code writters are getting, is that games who use the code become unoriginal. How many Megamix knockoffs have we seen here on SSRG? Three, four, maybe even five? Why would people want to play Megamix again but with a shitter layout, art, half the time music, ans palette? They don't. That is why code stealing is mainly frowned upon. Seriously, if you experiment for about 5 minutes, you could probably make your own version of "peel out" out of the spindash code.

Next, credit. Actually, people do give a shit about the credits. Thanking the folks who graciously lent you their code to your shitty hack is the least you could do.

Lastly,

That's the right way to go, for you newbies! ^_^

What the hell does that mean?

Edited by SuperEgg, 24 March 2012 - 05:37 AM.

#30 Ayla

Ayla

Peace Love Unity Respect

• Pro User
  • 117 posts
  • Interests:Sonic, Myst, Pokemon, RPGs (Final Fantasy VI, Crono Trigger, Fallout, Elder Scrolls), Mario, fun, shiny things

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:39 AM

gentle with their codes.

Asking permission is all well and good. Some people actually do this with success in some cases. The issue is that there is no variety and no one learns anything if all you're doing is copying and pasting someone's code. To learn to hack, one must LEARN how to code. It even goes beyond the "cookie cutter" hack problem that Super Egg mentioned (which, by the way, has been an issue with every big hack that reveals source / has source code leaked).

If you want resources on how to learn assembly coding, feel free to let me know =)

That's the right way to go, for you newbies! :)

Uhh... aren't you a newbie? <.< I'm just as confused as Super Egg.

#31 MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

3 Super Emeralds

• Pro User
  • 1677 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:36 PM

*words*

Hey now, easy on the trigger. I hear what you're saying, but you need to relax a little more. Anyway, you don't know how I'll react, I'm unique that way! Ask deoxyskyogre =)

Actually, you know what? I think we're done here, let's close the topic and move on, it should be more than common sense as to what is and isn't classed as stolen content, if you're too retarded to understand, then you shouldn't be on these forums until you grow up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users