Sonic 1 title screen deformation

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by Dark Sonic, Jun 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic Newcomer Trialist

I'm trying to change the deformation of the Sonic 1 title screen. I know it's connected to GHZ, but all the changes I've tried to make just quite simply don't work. I think that it has something to do with this block of code

Code:
    cmpi.b	#4,($FFFFF600).w

bne.s	loc_633C

moveq	#0,d0

I've tried editing d0, but like most any edits I made to this code it causes the logo to move as well.

[​IMG]

I want the top to scroll just like the bottom. I think if I used LZ's deformation it may do the trick, but I've tried multiple things and each attempt has not worked right

Oh and by the way, the title screen is not done yet. I'm just testing how things work. I eventually plan to get rid of the logo and the Sonic and make something better looking.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2008
  2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic Newcomer Trialist

I've progressed a little in this. I figured out a way so that I can alter where the title screen branches without affecting the level, however I can so far only branch to locations within GHZ Deformation. If I put the same code in another level I get the same problem as before, the bottom of the title screen scrolls strangely and the logo moves with the title screen. I'm missing something.

For now I've disabled the bottom of the title screen from scrolling. Looks at least slightly better than before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.